Newbie here - a quick question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmac1969

Hi all , this is my first post on the forum , and I have a slightly odd question to ask! Does anyone who owns a new or the last model of C Class know if you can fit them in a standard single lock up garage? I fancy a change and both the new and previous C Class have caught my eye , butI dont like leaving my cars outside so I have a council lock up , my current Mk5 Golf R32 fits , but just wondered if a C Class would be too big?

Yes, or maybe, no.

May be easier (and safer) for you to do a Google search on 'new mercedes c class dimensions' because in Images, it gives length, height and width.

L= 4986 W= 1810-2020 H=1442………..ish (in mm)

Last edited:
The Golf is - L 4246 , W 2010 , H 1465 in MM. I just thought someone on here would maybe have already had their C in a garage so could advise me!

I wouldn't want to buy a car on what I believed a standard garage measured without measuring it. Based on your Golf though, the C is 40mm or 4cm longer, no wider and a bit lower so should fit okay.

Giantvanman said:
May be easier (and safer) for you to do a Google search on 'new mercedes c class dimensions' because in Images, it gives length, height and width. L= 4986 W= 1810-2020 H=1442………..ish (in mm)

new caris 4686 mm long according to what I read so is this a typo? Previous car 4591 mm long. The width is only 1cm difference compared to the R32 so that wont be a problem. There is a beautiful C250 Sport (2011) just came into my local dealer , White , Leather , Auto , AMG kit and wheels , and I am very tempted. However I would be interested in a brand new C Class AMG Line on the Agility PCP if it was affordable.

I get you……there are some good deals out there for the new one but the outgoing one has greater engine choice at the minute. Looks good in white btw.

What are your garage dimensions?

Paddcomp said:
What are your garage dimensions?
i need to measure it tbh , its cast concrete constructed which means it has "ribs" in it and "hollows" , obv you need to line the door up with the hollow parts to open it , which is a problem on a 3 door Golf because of the length of the door. I reckon (without measuring) that I have approx 70 to 80 cm of length to play with before there is a garage door/rear bumper interaction! Width and Height seem no problem as the Golf has an easy 10cm between mirrors and narrowest part of the garage (the door frame)

My 2012 C350 Saloon fits reasonably easily into my garage which has a storage rack at the end, so length no problem. But, it is a fairly tight squeeze through the door frame with only a couple of cm or so to spare beyond both door mirrors. Another 'but' is that my garage is double so we (wife and I) put the car at a slight angle so it's easy to open the door (using the right hand side of the garage for this car). When using single garages in the past I've nailed a piece of carpet to the wall where the door opens to prevent any chance of damage to the edge.

The third 'but' is that I doubt there's any such thing as a 'standard size garage' - many of my neighbours complain about their garages being too small to get their car in. I think it's probably more of a case of too large a car for their levels of incompetence, but I've been told that an extra couple of inches makes all the difference!

knighterrant said:
My 2012 C350 Saloon fits reasonably easily into my garage which has a storage rack at the end, so length no problem. But, it is a fairly tight squeeze through the door frame with only a couple of cm or so to spare beyond both door mirrors. Another 'but' is that my garage is double so we (wife and I) put the car at a slight angle so it's easy to open the door (using the right hand side of the garage for this car). When using single garages in the past I've nailed a piece of carpet to the wall where the door opens to prevent any chance of damage to the edge. The third 'but' is that I doubt there's any such thing as a 'standard size garage' - many of my neighbours complain about their garages being too small to get their car in. I think it's probably more of a case of too large a car for their levels of incompetence, but I've been told that an extra couple of inches makes all the difference!

Haha yes Ive heard that too! , I will take a tape measure up tomorrow and measure it. (The garage lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom