Newbie here afraid Im going to need some help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newtomb

Car
c200
Hi all what a great site Ive just purchased my first mb on a budget a 02 c200 I absolutley love it but it's done 170k and Im going to need some help. Please be nice, thanks!!!!!

Hi ya... This is my first post on this site.. I bought my c220 about a year ago n I love it. But could anyone tell me wats the average mpg you are getting on your c220 plz....

my official MPG is 38.9 combined but in the last few months since I've cleaned the EGR and had the DPF changed its crept up to 42.4 This figure isn't from the OBC I calculate it every time I fill up because it annoys the F**k out of my wife.

Welcome to the forum...

Please be nice, thanks!!!!!

I often see this kind of thing in an introductory post - makes me wonder what kind of forums people have been on before...

LittleG said:
my official MPG is 38.9 combined but in the last few months since I've cleaned the EGR and had the DPF changed its crept up to 42.4 This figure isn't from the OBC I calculate it every time I fill up because it annoys the F**k out of my wife.

On my OBC im getting 20-36 mpg is this ryt? Iv cleaned my EGR did try to remove the manifold to clean it but cudnt remove the dip stick so jus screwed every thing bac together... Is there any place I can get step to step instructions on how to remove the manifold??
Regards jay

Good afternoon Jay and welcome to MBClub. There are many highly informed people on this forum but many of them are older than the texting generation. In order to get the best response from the assembled experts you would be advised to ask your question more along these lines. Hope this helps!

According to the OBC my car is achieving 20-36mpg. Do you think these readings are likely to be within normal parameters for my type of engine? I have cleaned the EGR and I have also tried, in vain, to remove the manifold with the intention of cleaning it. Sadly my inability to remove the dipstick meant it was impossible to remove the manifold. Please could somebody point me in the direction of some instructions on how I might better try to remove the manifold. Many thanks Jay

On my OBC im getting 20-36 mpg is this ryt? Iv cleaned my EGR did try to remove the manifold to clean it but cudnt remove the dip stick so jus screwed every thing bac together... Is there any place I can get step to step instructions on how to remove the manifold??
Regards jay
Depends how your driving it and where, If I've got a busy day about town then my OBC reads high 20s-low 30s, but when sitting at 65 on the Motorway it will go over 50mpg. When I cleaned the EGR and saw the state of the manifold I also has your predicament, I just scoped out as much crap as I could with what ever I could find. Then once back together I sprayed EGR cleaner into the intake and put some Wynns product in the tank.

LittleG said:
Depends how your driving it and where, If I've got a busy day about town then my OBC reads high 20s-low 30s, but when sitting at 65 on the Motorway it will go over 50mpg. When I cleaned the EGR and saw the state of the manifold I also has your predicament, I just scoped out as much crap as I could with what ever I could find. Then once back together I sprayed EGR cleaner into the intake and put some Wynns product in the tank.

Im trying to think back to when I bought the car and how much I was getting to the gallon but not having much luck =( I just think my car has started to drink a little to much diesel... I did have the urge to spray some EGR cleaner into the manifold but them thought it might damage my engine... Do you have any idea what your OBC readings are when your car is just sat in idle after resetting the OBC?? Sorry for being a pain in the A** Do rely appreciate all the reply =)

Last edited:
Thanx once again =)

Last edited:
Good afternoon Jay and welcome to MBClub. There are many highly informed people on this forum but many of them are older than the texting generation. In order to get the best response from the assembled experts you would be advised to ask your question more along these lines. Hope this helps!

According to the OBC my car is achieving 20-36mpg. Do you think these readings are likely to be within normal parameters for my type of engine? I have cleaned the EGR and I have also tried, in vain, to remove the manifold with the intention of cleaning it. Sadly my inability to remove the dipstick meant it was impossible to remove the manifold. Please could somebody point me in the direction of some instructions on how I might better try to remove the manifold. Many thanks Jay

:thumb:What a lovely post, I'm of txting age, I think? but this covers all the age group bases, not taking the pee, but this approach could work with everyone and anyone-non discriminatory in any way-BTW what's a dipstick?
seriously it's the best best phrased question/advice I've seen in a while:thumb:Honest love it!

Stooby72 said:
and sorry Jay welcome!

Hi ya stooby and thank you for the warming welcome lol.... I honestly don't think there is any thing wrong with the way I wrote that question... Apart from a few words missing lol... But do apologise if some members could not read it properly... I'm just so used to writing some things in a short cut way lol... And it dose make it a little bit harder when ur using the MB iPhone app... And having big hands like me dose not rely help... Lol... Oh and I'm sure u know what a dip stick is on a car mate... Cam on..... Lol....

Im trying to think back to when I bought the car and how much I was getting to the gallon but not having much luck =( I just think my car has started to drink a little to much diesel... I did have the urge to spray some EGR cleaner into the manifold but them thought it might damage my engine... Do you have any idea what your OBC readings are when your car is just sat in idle after resetting the OBC?? Sorry for being a pain in the A** Do rely appreciate all the reply =)
When the car is started I think it starts at about 40mpg give or take 3 mpg but if the car is sat at idle then its doing 0mpg so will drop down rapidly if the car isnt moving. best log onto spritmonitor.de or similar and start recording your fuelings to get a proper idea of your true mpg and then you can compare with other cars. there's a link on my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom