newbie ICE questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin clk

Car
CLK
Hey guys, Just purchased a 2001 clk200

I've an alpine head unit with ipod adaptor and i'd like to install in new car. What do I need to get this working with steering wheel?

I've seen COMAND about the forum, what is this and where do I buy one?

A local (Edinburgh) ICE dealer says I can get an adaptor from alpine that will work for about a hundred quid. Will this do?

I've come across from the BMW side and was recommended this forum by SilverShadow.

Any other bits of useless info would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Martin clk said:
I've come across from the BMW side and was recommended this forum by SilverShadow.

Hi there and welcome. I think you may be referring to SilverSaloon :)

Sorry I can't help but I hope you get your problem resolved by the helpful members of this forum.

Martin clk said:
Hey guys, Just purchased a 2001 clk200

I've an alpine head unit with ipod adaptor and i'd like to install in new car. What do I need to get this working with steering wheel?

I've seen COMAND about the forum, what is this and where do I buy one?

A local (Edinburgh) ICE dealer says I can get an adaptor from alpine that will work for about a hundred quid. Will this do?

Thanks in advance

COMAND is 'Cockpit Managment and Navigation Display'. Essentially it's a double DIN head unit that incorporates Sat Nav with full colour screen and can be adapted using a TV Tuner to be a TV / monitor for DVD / playstation etc.

COMAND would integrate with your steering remote and also the instrument cluster (although you may need your dealer to activate the display)

I'm guessing that as he has an Alpine head unit, he wont have a command (though I may be wrong, I've personally never seen a car with command AND a sound unit...).

Hence, unless you wish to pay £400ish (at my last scan) for a Command (which also requires some pretty interesting fitting-see howto section for how to do it ) command is not the way to go.

Now, if by integrating your alpine with the steering wheel you mean the little keypad on your steering wheel.... well, then I'm lost :p I'm pretty sure Shude would be able to help you (or Koolvin, but Koolvin is more into the W202).

Hope I've cleared up problems with the command.
Michele

P.S. A warm welcome to the forum

I'm sure you just need an Alipine interface as your dealer has recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom