Newbie ICE upgrade question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prc

Car
'05 C 220 CDI
Hi Everyone,
Have been looking to upgrade my face-lift W203 stereo (OEM). Nothing major, just looking for slightly better sound!
Does anyone have experience with the OEM replacements from Rainbow and maybe adding an amp/sub combo to a face-lift 203? Options ideas appreciated.

Paulo

best to get some proper speakers before you start on the rest, you'll notice the difference.

I replaced my stock head unit with a Pioneer one and it sounds much better even with the stock speakers.

Before picking a stereo it might be worth checking that there's an adapter for it to use the steering controls and/or speed pulse (if these are required) and also a face plate adapter.

I replaced my stock head unit with a Pioneer one and it sounds much better even with the stock speakers.

Before picking a stereo it might be worth checking that there's an adapter for it to use the steering controls and/or speed pulse (if these are required) and also a face plate adapter.

Haven't been really interested is swapping the HU as I want(ed) to keep the stock look. I am sure the MF57?? (what ever it's called on the facelift model:confused:) is a weak link, but I like the way it looks. Swapping it for a better but "stock" looking HU (Becker and Nakamichi come to mind) would be quite expensive and as you mention not sure about steering controls. :confused::confused:

Paulo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom