Newbie - Just purchased a E350 CDI Blueefficiency Sport Coupe – 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMark

Car
E350 CDI Blueefficiency Sport Coupe - 2009
Hi all,

I’ve just bought a 2009 E350 CDI Blueefficiency Sport Coupe from a friend as a bit of an impulse buy so thought I’d join this forum to learn more.

It has some very minor issues I need to fix. Screen washer bottle doesn’t hold water, not sure yet if this is a split in the bottle or a failed grommet maybe. The command controller plastic shaft has broken, but an aluminium replacement is in the centre console and the ashtray doesn’t spring back and one side is slightly high. Awaiting delivery on an ebay replacement. I feel that the gear changes could be smoother, so a transmission fluid change is on the cards.

Queries that I have include:
  • What does BlueEfficiency actually mean?
  • The A Service is due in a couple of months, is there any info anywhere about what this covers, anyone recommend any garages near me?
  • The car had the command stereo system, but doesn’t have Rear camera or DAB. So I’m wondering how hard/costly would these 2 be to install? Also, how’s best to make sure that the command stereo system is up to date with the latest software/maps?
And that's it really. I’m might get it remapped at some point, from what I’ve read MSL or GAD seem to the companies to go?

Hi and welcome 👍.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom