Newbie Linguatronic Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bensonhedges

Car
CLS 350 Grand Edition
So I have the new, to me, CLS (350 Grand Edition) and it has Linguatronic. I have done the voice recogntion exercises and this is what's eluding me so far:

If I have the map on screen, for instance and I pull the stalk, I only get navi options - Can I pull the stalk and say "radio" or "audio" and get music options instead, or do I have to be in the music screen for that?

Does it only understand a limited set of command words or instructions, or does it "understand" as does Apple's Siri, so I can talk to it naturally? If the former, where can I get a list of these commands?

Why won't my iphone 4s bluetooth to the car? Or is that a whole different can of worms?

Only had it a couple of days so I am sure it will all become clear but all help welcome - thanks!!

I have a separate Linguatronic manual

but it's the DVD, and not the HDD COMAND

Sorry, it's a 2009 59 plate

I think Grand Edition normally means the end of production version.

Assuming I am correct, the stereo system is NTG2.5 and the linguatronic manual is separate and worth having as the linguatronic is very good (i.e worth using).

It is never going to be as good as the Siri, since Siri offloads your voice tag into a whole bunch of super power computers somewhere in the internet to process it, whereas in your car it uses a nice light weight computer that takes little power and generates little heat.

NTG2.5 linguatronic manual: Comand NTG2.5 Linguatronic Manual :: Mercedes Navigation manuals :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: Comand Online Ltd

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom