Newbie Merc owning needing advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willywonker

Car
Mercedes c220 AMG sport blueefficiency cdi coupe
Hi

I've recently purchased a low mileage 2012 C220 AMG Sport blueefficiency 2.1 CDI coupe and although it isnt the full 6.3 beast its pretty punchy and I would like some tuning advice on what route to take, also I want to change the grill for a black one, amg one vane one,

Remap
Exhaust (if worth it)
Intake

Anthing else but I don't want to put strain on the gearbox or the internals too much, advice appreciated.

Thank

Welcome!

Without spending a whole load I doubt you will see much gain in performance. An egr delete and cat removal will give you 10-20bhp increase but if the resultant emissions are above the mot limits you will have to put it back.

A remap can help. Celtic Tuning claim they can give you 40-50 with one of their maps, I think they quoted me £600 for my CLS. That's to much for me to stomach.

If I were you I'd enjoy the new car for a while, save my pennies not spending big for small gains then look around for a 350, or save a bit more for a 4.7l CL. With a few miles on the clock you can pick up a sub 5sec 0-60 that will return 30mpg, and they look sweet.

Welcome to MBCUK,

Sound advice from SeasidePete, if you fancy investigation into getting a bit more however (costs nowt to look!) you may consider:
1) Remapping - try the following website

Find Your Vehicle Potential - Quantum Tuning

2) Exhaust - As Pete has stated, maybe financial strain for not a great gain?
3) Intake - You may consider fitting a K&N Air filter(s), I've just changed my CLK filters to K&N (but the OE units were in need of replacement mind) and found this company had the best price

Car Parts | Cheap Car Parts & Replacements | CarParts4Less

As for the grille, search the MBCUK site, some owners have included before & after photos, it's all a personal choice really, good luck and enjoy

Shaun aka Sprint-Man :thumb:

Welcome to MBCUK,

Sound advice from SeasidePete, if you fancy investigation into getting a bit more however (costs nowt to look!) you may consider:
1) Remapping - try the following website

Find Your Vehicle Potential - Quantum Tuning

2) Exhaust - As Pete has stated, maybe financial strain for not a great gain?
3) Intake - You may consider fitting a K&N Air filter(s), I've just changed my CLK filters to K&N (but the OE units were in need of replacement mind) and found this company had the best price

Car Parts | Cheap Car Parts & Replacements | CarParts4Less

As for the grille, search the MBCUK site, some owners have included before & after photos, it's all a personal choice really, good luck and enjoy

Shaun aka Sprint-Man :thumb:

Thanks for the help people and I will take the advice on board, where on here are the "grill post" as I've searched and I cant seem to find any at all, sorry for being a dummy lol

Are you wanting to change the style of grill or just the colour? I changed the colour of mine from washed out grey to black. Purists won't like but I love it...

Before...View media item 8464
After...
C123 Black grill

Are you wanting to change the style of grill or just the colour? I changed the colour of mine from washed out grey to black. Purists won't like but I love it...

After...
C123 Black grill

It's the style and colour, I'm thinking a Matt finish all over and the style change.

After...
C123 Black grill

It's the style and colour, I'm thinking a Matt finish all over and the style change.

Some confusion here..

"Egr delete and cat removal , resulting emissions ."

Cat removal will make it stink and although it's an mot visual it's probably not visable to the tester .

Egr delete - would be within software in a remap that makes it permanently close .

Dervs have a simple smoke opacity test and not any individual gas analysis . It will probably be tested to 0.50 as per manufacturers smoke coefficient value on the VIN plate sticker .

Egr off means less smoke anyway as this means more complete combustion of fuel molecules due to more oxygen available .

Buy a C250 CDI , very similar smiles per gallon and 30 bhp and a whole 100 Nm more of everyday usable low rpm torque .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom