Newbie: ML 320 W164 Information Screen :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesOverton

Car
ML320 CDI W164 2006
Hi all,

Firstly I am new to the forum and to MB ownership so hopefully you knowledgable people might be able to help me out!

I came from Audi ownership for a number of years and was a frequent memeber of the Audi-Sport forum so I know how much help these places can be. Really pleased with the new car its a dream to drive!

My issue:

Since the cold weather has started I have aquired some stuck/broken pixels on the display screen in front of the steering wheel (top one). Having googled like mad on the forum I believe this is commonly known as 'pink shrimp' or 'pink prawn' to us in the UK

There doesnt seem to be a solution to this problem other than buy a new cluster from Merc, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a supplier for just the LCD part that I might be able to fit? I have seen a number of Chinese sites offering what looks like the part but I wondered if anyone had any experience within the problem and how they delt with it?

Any help would be most appreciated! Attached is a pic of the offending 'shrimp' which is growing daily into a lobster....

Thank you.

James

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom