Newbie needing C/L advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokey Fontaine

Car
R170 SLK230
Hi all,

Here it is. I have been on holiday for a couple of weeks and got back to my R170 who will now not unlock with the remote.
Batteries are OK in both my remotes and I can see the I/R operating on both of them on my digital camera.
I have read the threads so far and they have posed a couple of questions, hopefully someone with greater brain power than I can help me. Here goes.

The remotes will not operate the central locking, opening the door with the key sets off the alarm, that sounds for 30 seconds or so and then the hazards flash for 5 minutes.
I have seen the info on syncing the remotes but when I do this I just get a "start error" on the dash.

Really the question is why after leaving the car for 2 weeks should the C/L be duff?
And during the syncing of the remotes, can this be done whist the hazards (alarm process) is activated.
And one final one, the instructions for syncing the remotes says press the button "briefly" twice. Now pressing briefly nothing happens as it takes around a second for the infra red to operate. So is it 2 presses of around a second each and then turn the ignition switch....?

But again I don't feel the remotes need to be synced, I have seen issues with water in the system, is his what I am seeing?

Any info would be greatly received.

Thanks all,

Smokey Fontaine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom