Newbie needing some advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sebring1

Car
Searing MXR
Hi all!
I'm in the process of building an Austin Healey replica, and will be using the AMG M113 5.4 NA engine, which I already have.
My plan is to use a manual gearbox and standalone management system. I know this is possible, but can't find much info on the net about it.
Who would you recommend to do the standalone, with which system?
It would also be great to hear from anyone who has carried out a manual conversion, or knows the details for doing so.

Many thanks
Ryan

Attachments

• 16274846_large~2.jpg
    16274846_large~2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 21
Hi. And welcome to the forum.

I can't see you getting many answers to your question on here. And although I have done many engine conversions I'm not that clued up on the AMG engines. There will obviously be tuners out there that will take on the task but depending on your budget I would think your looking at a fair few quid.

Like I say I'm not up on this. I assume the engine you have is normally mated to an auto box? Can you give some more details. This sort of thing interests me. I'm a little on the lower end of what your doing and have just finished building a mini classic running a lotus Elise engine.

Dave.

All depends on budget really for the ECU conversion. Many can handle it.

Thanks for the replies!

From the information I've come across online, and speaking to a couple of people, it seems as though the M112 Flywheel, clutch and gearbox should bolt straight up to my engine? Ie slk320.
As it won't be in a Mercedes, it seems to be quite an easy conversion, with no need for adapter plates etc?

John, regarding the management side of things, I want to have a decent system that can run the fly by wire throttle, but can't justify £3-4K to do so. Would a link system be up to the job?

Many thanks!

Hi Simon.
Wonder if you had any thoughts on the management or gearbox?

Thanks.

Hi Simon.
Wonder if you had any thoughts on the management or gearbox?

Thanks. ��

You should have an email with my contact number in your inbox, give me a call.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom