Newbie! Possible C180k Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darlo

Car
Possible C180k
Hi,

A quick one to say hello. Off to view a C180k Coupe tonight for my Mrs. I am a member of many car forums and always found them very helpful and friendly places.

I am a self confessed car geek, very much a BWM man (please dont judge!) and been lucky to own some very nice motors over the years. We are getting married next year so after a tough decision we decide to sell her R56 Mini Cooper S which had lots of JCW extras. Hoping the Merc will provide a couple of years trouble free motoring. I have already posted asking for some buying advice in the main forum.

Thanks for looking and hello :thumb:

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the car hunt and impending marriage!!

Hi Dario and welcome to the forum

Hello and welcome to the forum Darlington :p

Well we are now the owner of a facelift C180k manual! One previous owner, 64K with full service history and in pristine condition. Has the panoramic roof which is in full working order. Only negative are the 16" wheels.... but they are being replaced with nice 17" genuine merc wheels tomorrow after sorting a deal via a company on ebay. Have also found a leather interior but decided against that as the money we have saved im sticking in an account for 12 months maintenance. The standard interior is fine to be honest. Its a really dark blue/purple (almost black at distance), wasnt my first choice of colour but my mrs likes it.

I paid £4k for the merc which i think is a complete bargain given its condition, history etc. Its a slight change in pace given our previous motors but i am very impressed so far. Smooth, nippy and mega comfy. The computer shows 36.6 mpg and never been reset since new. I am more than pleased with this.

I have got a few questions but will post those in the appropriate place!

Now fingers crossed for 18 months or so trouble free motoring!

Thanks for the warm welcome :thumb:

Well done, it a very nice car. :thumb:

I suggest you check the car's service history for any scheduled service items to ensure they have been done on time (air filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, etc). Luckily, there is no cambelt to worry about with these engines...

As for the wheels... don't forget to inform your insurance company regarding the change of wheels. ;)

Yeah my friend is a mechanic so i am going to take it to him to have a look over as well as him go through service book and check for anything missing. All but one service was done by merc so should be ok.

Merc wheels being replaced by merc wheels.... i will let them know ;)

Hello!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom