Newbie proud owner of a C-Class C270 CDI w203

Did I pick a suitable 1st-time Merc?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

th3h1ghlander

Car
CLS-Class CLS 350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport (W218)
Hi All!

On Friday I became a newbie Merc owner by buying my first C-Class C270 CDI (w203). The dealer was amazingly patient with me (they must have felt like :wallbash: dealing with me) and helped me through the process. I have now spent 24h with the car and I am absolutely loving it!
Took it for a 400mile round-trip today just for kicks and to stretch it's legs a little. Managed to get a healthy 44.4MPG on the way back even with giving it a bit of welly :D

As the weather has not been great I have not yet taken photos however here are some from the dealer's advert for those of you that like some pix:

XqA97Sd.jpg

aXRmkIA.jpg

Ptqxpdm.png

Hope I can use my experiences with this motor to contribute here :)

Anyone advise where is best to post my list of repairs/mods that I am planning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, Looks a honest w203 :) You start a project thread by asking one of the forum Mod's

Good choice. :thumb: Not that I'm biased. :D

These cars seem to suffer from thermostat failure. The optimum being +/- 90º. Suggest you check the temperature gauge needle reaches just above the 80º mark, as it will affect mpg if it doesn't.

Had to change mine.

Had the thermostat failure on mine too - plus the MAF (thankfully within the first month so a warranty job) and the front suspension ARB/bushes and rose joints - but other than that loved the car, intended to keep it - until temptation of an S204 C220 came my way!

Merc85: Cheers! I will
GrumpyOldGit: I did check for that when I purchased (on advice from Chrishazle) It hit 80ish on long idle, stayed 70-80 on test drive on local roads, however on the long run a day later on motorway I think it hit between 20-30 deg. Sounds like thermostat may need a change? Will add it to my works list.

Chrishazle: thanks for a second time. On Friday morning one of the cars I tried had exhibited serious issues after the kickdown test you suggested. I skipped out on that one and ended up with a better car later in the day (3rd car I tested) ;)
I will post full works list soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom