Newbie question - dash icon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisaaaaa

Car
C220 Est 2011 facelift
Sorry to ask a silly question, just in the process of buying a Aug 2011 c class c2220 manual (W204 MY12 ?) from an independent.

On the dash on the colour display on the right hand side it had an icon that looked like a lollipop persons stick beside a car, I cannot find it in the online interactive manual, and the car has no manual. I should have took a photo for an image search, because I cannot work out how to search in text.

Anyone know what I mean, is it anything serious?

While I am at it, it has one key, must it be an MB dealer for a replacement, £200+ ?

Ok, pushing my luck, what is the latest version of command satnav?

Ta

Chris

To answer my own question, it is for the speed limit reading camera.

Can't be of much help, other than, yes Main Dealer for key and I paid £227 for a new key about 12 months ago. You will need V5 / ID / and possibly a recent utility bill. (Proof of address). If I were you I'd ask the dealer to order and pay for it, unless the price of the car allows for this. You will also need to ask the dealer to delete the lost key from the system, just in case it's in unscrupulous hands.

Last edited:
Cheers grumpy - a little pushing and the key turned up. I got the latest satnav update too. Just pulling left to sort out now...

Its a sign recognition function being enabled,

It means your centre dial will display current speed limit, each time you go past set of terminals. This will also shop up the sat nav screen.

And the latest version of the map should read 2013(v8.0) Europe

You could see the camera thing as a precursor to automatic speed limit application in the car, if it did not fall for the signs on the back of lorries, next idea...

Yes, it reads the speed limitation signs.

But it's not 100% reliable - it sometimes reads the speed discs on the back of trucks. :doh:

Yes, it reads the speed limitation signs.

But it's not 100% reliable - it sometimes reads the speed discs on the back of trucks. :doh:
And sometimes reads the limits on side roads that you have no intention of entering! But in its defence, it does tell you in the manual that it's not gospel and you should pay attention to road signs. I still find it useful though :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom