newbie r129 owner....HELP REQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

louisjames

Car
Porsche 911 cab 997 - 500sl 32 r129 - c amg w202
hello there, im not new to mb's but new to the 129 sl, upon removing my climate unit today to install a parot unit i noticed this screen on top of it flashing 02 and ope

ive searched the net for what it is and what the screen is for, can anyone please help identify this peice and its reason ;-) thanks

Attachments

• hgyj.jpg
    hgyj.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 86
best ask dealer then lol.

Could be displaying an error code, "ope" might just be for "open".

i thought it looked like code reader, but ive got the 16 pin socket under the bonnet and the two dial climate unit seems quite rare, cant find any info on net and my owners manual shows just the basic contols on the unit

I've never seen that type of climate control in an R129, this is the pre 96 facelift one

1991-sl500-hvac.jpg

Is yours a UK car?

From the part no A1298300185 --- ?? çàï÷àñòè Mercedes: êîäû çàï÷àñòåé ìåðñåäåñ

Long post here about renewing the bulbs? http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=137883

and a bit on troubleshooting

http://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/AcDiags

some codes here 02 possibly means a fault with the outside temperature sensor??

Codes for a 95 C280

With ignition in on position, turn climate controls on, then press and hold REST for 5 or so seconds, or until you see an 01 flash then another number will flash (inside temp), then back to one, use the arrow up (defrost) and arrow down (feet) to scroll up and down through the codes.

1. In-car termperature sensor (with aspirator blower)
2. Outside temperature sensor
3. Heater core temperature sensor
5. Evaporator temperature sensor
6. ECT sensor (Coolant temp.), e.g. 12*5 = 125C
7. Refrigerant pressure in bar, e.g. 12*8 = 12.8 bar
8. Blower control voltage, e.g. 16*5 = 1.65 volts
9. Software status of A/C pushbutton control module
15. Selected in-car temperature
20. Version code
21. Engine Speed (RPM), e.g. 6*0 = 600 rpm
22. Terminal 58d (Bat. Volt.), e.g. 99.0 = 99% of voltage
23. Vehicle speed (Kilometers Per Hour)
50. Not used – 00
51. Number of current slip recognition (poly-V-belt)
52. Number of stored slip recognitions (poly-V-belt)

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?p=234367

Last edited:
hey thanks for the replys, absolute rubbish from mbusa forum, yes its english one, 1991, ive seen this on early sl's and im sure a couple of diffrent models, theres a few units on ebay for sale aswell, the same type. i like this model because its symetrical and lights up nice plus it has driver and passenger temp adjust, maybe it was an upgrade, still boggled by that hidden screen and especially how few there seem to be around.

the hidden screen is indeed for fault analysis, but do not ask me for a list of codes! i have only ever seen this once before and it made me look twice too...if the climate control works ok then i suggest leave it be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom