Newbie sayin hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk_greg

Car
CLK320
Names Greg, Air con engineer fro cambridge. 23 years old.

Drive a CLK 320 (S Reg).

Want to know all about the car, Like its chassis (w208 is it?) and also its engine code?

Any little tircks worth doing? Do they respond well to after market pannel filters?

Cheers,

Greg

Names Greg, Air con engineer fro cambridge. 23 years old.

Drive a CLK 320 (S Reg).

Want to know all about the car, Like its chassis (w208 is it?) and also its engine code?

Any little tircks worth doing? Do they respond well to after market pannel filters?

Cheers,

Greg

Welcome!

Yes you have a W208 with a M112 engine.

Excellent!

Now i need to diagnose a clunking on the rear passanger side, whats the arrangement like back there? im expecting loads of control arms and bushes? Am i right?

Welcome

K&N filters have a reputation for knackering the MAF so best avoid.

Excellent!

Now i need to diagnose a clunking on the rear passanger side, whats the arrangement like back there? im expecting loads of control arms and bushes? Am i right?
From experience check the bottom shock mount is done up tight.

Yes std merc multilink rear end.

From experience check the bottom shock mount is done up tight.

Yes std merc multilink rear end.

Am i right in thinking that the CLK shares a lot of bits with the C class?

This is my first merc so im still learning, Its on 190K now so i spose i probably owe her a new set of shocks.... wheres cheepest? :D

Welcome Greg.

That's some impressive mileage, do you know if the gearbox oil and filter has been changed?

Welcome Greg.

That's some impressive mileage, do you know if the gearbox oil and filter has been changed?

Ah you see youve worked out why ive come to the site!

heard that its a good idea to have it done, now im not big on paying someone else to do things that i can do myself, so got me a nice new gearbox oil filter But have been told that i will need MB to do the oil levels as they have a special dipstick?!?!?!?

So i will shortly be adding a "how do i......." thread :D

Ah you see youve worked out why ive come to the site!

heard that its a good idea to have it done, now im not big on paying someone else to do things that i can do myself, so got me a nice new gearbox oil filter But have been told that i will need MB to do the oil levels as they have a special dipstick?!?!?!?

So i will shortly be adding a "how do i......." thread :D

You are correct in that you will need a dipstick to read the oil level in the auto box. Changing the oil is possible as a DIY job but I would strongly recommend that you have a good indie garage do it as there are several pitfalls when changing the auto fluid, such as shearing sump bolts and you will also need to turn the engine to get access to the torque converter drain plug.

"Special" dipsticks are available on ebay - do a search for "mercedes dipstick" (worldwide).

N.B Common aircon fault is the condensor (in front of rad) rotting - especially behind electric fan hubs - if you have electric fans.

Awww you guys are great!!!

Recon ill give it a few more weeks then ill get on with that! Seems within my caperbillities too :D

Anything else worth doing on an old goat thats done near on 200k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom