Newbie W211 E55 AMG....Saying Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good to see another lovely E55 on the forum. Enjoy :bannana:

PS Could you post a picture from the rear with the spoiler .....................
and what were the symptoms for the Intercooler water pump? You say its common - I just want to watch out for it....

Thanks

Marc

The symptoms that I had was when I drove the car fairly quickly, for example Id put my foot down on a dual carriageway then slowed down and went to put my foot down again the supercharger wouldnt work, car still excelerated and drove ok but no oomph. This would happen several times untill it cooled down then it would work again for a bit!. Car was like it soon as I headed home after collecting it from the dealer I bought it from and when I had chance to floor it, it got hot and the problem showed itself but when It was fixed my god what a difference! :crazy: Supercharger seamed to work all the time where it seamed very on or off before..well if it came on at all that is!.

Pic of the spoiler below for you, my local dealer quoted me £1500 for a gen E63 spoiler (which I later found was total crap more like £250 ish?) so I got a copy one off e-bay ready painted and other than being a pig to fit and stick down (which the gen's are to by all accounts) it looks great and Id challenge anybody to tell the difference!.

DSCF3829-1.jpg

DSCF3840e.jpg

DSCF3858e.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of your E55.

Fantastic car, further enhanced with the new wheels and the E63 spoiler, well done...

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the new purchase, the E55 looks fantastic.

Welcome, have you considered an lpg conversion ?:D:D

Might be an idea...adveraged 12.1 MPG on my last tank!!! :eek:

But who cares :devil: lol

P.s thanks for all the kind comments and warm greetings, some cracking cars on here and I look forward to hearing about them.

Hi

Thanks for posting the photos and the information about the spoiler.

Might be an idea to hide your registration number in your photos.

Regards

Tan

Lovely car, want one next, or maybe CLS AMG cant decide which is best!!

Looks nice like the spolier!

Fantastic car! Have you got lead shoes by the way? ;):D

That was to and from work, only 3 miles each way so not ideal!, best ive had is 24.5 MPG with the cruise set at 70mph on a 280 mile motorway trip was quite impressed with that :thumb:

Nice - but do those rear wheels clear the arches???

Did some research first, various merc forums and some people said that they wouldnt fit at all! or that they would rub due to the slightly different offset and larger tyres BUT as it turned out the people who said that had never fitted them to their cars but a couple of people in the states who had, said that they had no issuses with rubbing and as yet they haven't :cool:

The offset is out 3mm more towards the arch at the rear and 5mm at the front which is great and give it a wider stance. 285 rear and 255 front tyres at the moment. I must admit when I first fitted them they looked VERY close but just about ok :crazy:

Ive driven the car with a full tank of fuel and a boot full of luggage for 2 when going away on holiday and it was fine, BUT not had 2-3 people in the back as yet! but Ive not had anybody in the back ye and rarely do TBO, if it does rub i'll just go for 275's next time round:thumb:

Nice car, shame about the MPG. It is a stunner though.

I think that its one of those things that if you buy a car like this then you dont worry about it and if you do then buy another car ;) lol

Recently gave up smoking, worked out that it was costing me over 2k a year at 20 a day!! sooooo thats 2k towards petrol now :thumb:

Lovely car, want one next, or maybe CLS AMG cant decide which is best!!

Depends, I wanted a CLS and just missed out on one that went for a silly price at a merc dealers! :(....however the E55 is a lot cheaper and more subtle? and prob a tad quicker due to being lighter. But I have to say that the CLS in the right colour looks very special indeed :cool:

All depends on how much you want to spend, good luck in your search :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom