Newbie what oil in rear diff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diamondw204

Car
C220 CDi sport
Hi guys,have had a nice w204 c220 CDI sport for four weeks ,am getting her up to standard and want to change the diff oil,searching online gives a vast array of advice,should I just use m.b.diff oil or upgrade to Mobilube,I don't think the car has an lsd so I would think it's a straight choice netween the two, the next question if it's mobilube which one lol.
Thanks in advance,
The great news is it's an approved car and does not have a DPF fitted.

if its an approved car does it need doing??? me personally would just buy the Mercedes oil (if you look on ebay (Newcastle-Mercedes) they are good for prices and give Mercedes receipts (Michael there always helps)

I did mine at 59k, it looked like it was worth changing, old oil was quite dark.

I used the Fuchs from the list 190 has posted, purely cos it was cheaper off ebay, used about 1.3/1.4 litres with the inevitable spillage.

It's just hitting 70k miles so wanted to refresh the oil,can't find any evidence it's been done before, so will do it shortly ,apart from that ,at the moment the cars all good
Thanks for your help

No worries. I used a bit of thread sealant, not locker, on my drain and fill plugs when putting them back in.

Dead easy job that can only be a good thing - fresh oil after all.

Did you get a magnetic drain plug or is that a waste of time and money,

Told you I was a newbie,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom