Newbie wheel question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chippyboy

Car
BMW 640D
Sorry if this is a daft question, but I just don't know the answer!

Are the centre caps for wheels generally interchangeable across brands? Is there some kind of standard size?

The reason I ask, I am looking to buy a set of 19" wheels and winter tyres for a new GLC 43 AMG and I quite like some of the 3rd party wheels (which are much cheaper than what Mercedes would charge me) but I don't want BBS or MSW or whatever on the centre caps. Can I stick the Mercedes caps in the 3rd party wheels?

Thanks

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I just don't know the answer!

Are the centre caps for wheels generally interchangeable across brands? Is there some kind of standard size?

The reason I ask, I am looking to buy a set of 19" wheels and winter tyres for a new GLC 43 AMG and I quite like some of the 3rd party wheels (which are much cheaper than what Mercedes would charge me) but I don't want BBS or MSW or whatever on the centre caps. Can I stick the Mercedes caps in the 3rd party wheels?

Thanks
hi there,mercedes centre caps are 75mm diameter,so just measure the centre hole in the new wheel.

hi there,mercedes centre caps are 75mm diameter,so just measure the centre hole in the new wheel.
Thanks - useful info. But i haven't bought any wheels yet, so the measuring bit is quite tricky.

Are the "holes" the same er "shape"? i.e. will a Merc cap definitely fit in another wheel's 75mm hole?

Thanks - useful info. But i haven't bought any wheels yet, so the measuring bit is quite tricky.

Are the "holes" the same er "shape"? i.e. will a Merc cap definitely fit in another wheel's 75mm hole?
yes they should fit.i think their standard.mercedes don"t make their own alloys so i would think like for like measurements would be the same across the brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom