Newbie who has bought first Mercedes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkyMark84

Car
W169
Hello,

Not sure if 10 year old W169' are allowed on here alongside much new and much nicer cars. [emoji16]

I have put a deposit down on a 2008 A Class A180 Avantgarde SE CDI automatic. It's my first Mercedes and I'm excited about picking it up.

The car has done 86000 full service history albeit not all done by Mercedes dealers. Very nice condition inside and out. Just the radio display that doesn't work but the dealer I'm buying the car off is sorting that out.

So anyway hello from me and my little W169 (when I get it anyway).

Mark.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Welcome, collecting a new car of any age is always exciting, even better if its a Mercedes

There's just something about a Mercedes Benz, new or mature, people love them because they make you feel special!
Anyway welcome and enjoy :thumb:

Hi all i'm new to the club & have just bought my 1st Mercedes (CLK320CDI Sport) just wanna say hi to all.
Jimbo

Good cars easy to drive, just make sure the scuttle drains under the cabin filter are kept clear otherwise water can run into the pollen filter box and fill the fuse box and battery compartment up with water, oh and the transmission valve chests are non to fail, would suggest a CVT oil change (gearbox sevice as very over looked )

Thanks Lewis I'll be checking that out asap,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies. I'm going to book it into MB Darlington for a full service inc. the gearbox oil.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome!

10-yr old W169 got to be among the newer cars crowd on here ;)

My A200 left the factory in Oct 2005, 06-reg ...

Welcome to you.

Age of the car is not an issue, I picked up a 10 year old E CLass recently and the more I drive it the more I like it although it does make me feel I should drive it like a grown-up!

Still, I have the Mazda for more juvenile fun :)

I hope you enjoy your new purchase !

Thanks Lewis I'll be checking that out asap,

Ok so I've had the gearbox serviced today by my local garage who does all the work i can't/won't/Don't wanna do myself, BUT when he called me to tell me it was ready to collect they told me they suspected that the turbo was nearing the end of its life (noisy) & that 1 or more injectors are also suspect (very slight hic on idle) he said it was Smokey when ticking over & says its "over fuelling" SO its a question of "where do i go with this" i can't see any smoke or make it smoke at any time! The car pulls strong, yes its a little jerky which could point to fuelling issues.

Any thoughts comments are welcome guys thanks.

The deed is done
dc65965bf45a4dae0f1e6a4195d9be3b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom