Newbie with a problem - quelle surprise!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimmyC

Car
Vito
Hi,

I've recently bought a 99 Vito 108Cdi, and very happy I am with it too.

However, there a few issues that need addressing, and I'm hoping someone may be able to help on here....

1. Coil light won't go out - not a biggy
2. Rev counter not working - annoying but again, not a biggy (?)
3. Engine not getting above 50 deg C

I've just a bought a new thermostat to (hopefully) solve point 3., but any pointers on how to/ where the thermostat actually is would be warmly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Hello Jimmy and welcome to the forum,

I think if the coil light is not going out then you need to get your motor on a 'star' machine as it is likey one or more or the coils has gone and it will tell you which one.

You other probs? someone else meeds to help out new member:D

Not coils gone, glow plugs...

The thermostat will cure the temperature... not sure on the rev counter though.

Is that a 2.2 ? Does the glow plug light stay on all of the time or only a few minutes ? And does the rev counter move to reset itself like the other gauges when the ignition is turned on ? Are you in ireland and if so how much was ur stat ?

Danny D. - sorry I'm in Cardiff but paid £37 for the stat.

The rev counter is as dead as a dodo.

Last edited:
And the other q's ?
Is that a 2.2 ? Does the glow plug light stay on all of the time or only a few minutes ? And does the rev counter move to reset itself like the other gauges when the ignition is turned on ? Are you in ireland and if so how much was ur stat ?

Remove dash and check the plugs in the back. I suspect though that the dial itself is faulty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom