Newbie with a W211 E280 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wookiepelt

Car
W211 E280 CDI Sport Estate
Hi there,

Just thought I'd pop in and say a quick hello to all here. Just took possession of a 3-month old E280 CDI Sport Estate for the MB Dealer and I'm loving every minute spent in it!!! :D

Looking forward to interaction with you all in the coming months...

Rgds,
Wookiepelt

Welcome. What kind of mpg are you getting?

Welcome, wookiepelt.

Welcome to the forum and the world of Big MB diesels.:rock:
Intersting comment that one Brian. I wonder how many cars on here are petrol and how many are diesel.

Welcome, wookiepelt.

Intersting comment that one Brian. I wonder how many cars on here are petrol and how many are diesel.

50/50?

Thanks for the welcome!

As requested, here are some pics of the car...

E280CDI-1.jpg

Front view of the car

E280CDI-2.jpg

Side profile

E280CDI-3.jpg

Interior shot

Umm... not quite sure about fuel consumption yet as I'm still on the first tank of diesel. Its definitely better compared to my previous car though (a very thirsty Volvo 940 Wentworth Estate that averaged 18mpg!).

Droool!!!!!!! :rock:

Very very nice estate. Hits all the right buttons!

Droool!!!!!!! :rock:

Very very nice estate. Hits all the right buttons!

All I need now is to sort out a proper ipod interface to be controlled via the steering wheel rather than using the 3.5mm aux input that came with the car. Unfortunately the MB dealerships quoted a staggering average of £675 to put it in so I may have to re-consider if it is really worth it!

Has anyone tried the Dension 500 in an Merc?

I fitted one to a BMW last week and it was pretty impressive, takes USB sticks too, allows you to search just as you would on your ipod.

Let me add my welcome to those already expressed.

Nice car BTW, not the shiniest glossiest black I've seen on the forum tonight, :D but very nice.

Liking the look of that a lot, very nice.

Welcome and a great choice.Now after all my ranting about Black,hearse etc,I am liking the look of your new car,I could even be tempted so long as I could get a good hand car wash.

Enjoy it,expect average mpg 33-34.But so relaxing to drive.

Try Alfie. www.comand.co.uk who fit all sorts at very reasonable prices. The very latest E's have i-pod connectivity. And since about August build have Bluetooth as well. But earlier ones will play the i-pod but not give you control at the steering wheel or show the track in the instrument panel -so I've recently been told.

Welcome and nice car, I take it the design of the front fogs is part of the Sports spec?

Has anyone tried the Dension 500 in an Merc?

I fitted one to a BMW last week and it was pretty impressive, takes USB sticks too, allows you to search just as you would on your ipod.

Have you see the Intravee for iPod. It was used in last gen X5's. Is it available for the newer ones?

Back to the OP - its a beaut :D

I've got the Denison 500 and it works perfectly - steering controls etc etc. The main difference between this and the MB version is that you get the track name displayed on the Comand screen and jusy 'Track 1' etc on the instrument cluster. I understand that the MB version does it the other way around. They are roughyl the same price I think.

BTW, what's the purpose of the extra rear view mirror on the drivers side - keeping an eye on your back seat passengers or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom