Newbie with a W211 E280 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Re Ipod - Glojo will be along in a bit to tell you you don't need one, you can just stick all your music on a 4.7gig DVD and play it through COMAND...

Thanks for the idea... did just that and now I do have all my favourite albums on a 4.7Gb DVD-RW disc playing through my COMAND! :D

The funds for the ipod interface was cunningly re-allocated to a ViessO MBU-2000 unit from Comand Online Ltd instead. I now have bluetooth handsfree connectivity to my XDA Orbit 2 (a.k.a. HTC Touch Cruise) and wife as well on her old SonyEricsson T610. I'm still trying to figure out how to download my contacts list though but I'll get there eventually!!!

Hello everyone.
After 3 years with a year 2000 E 220 diesel saloon I have now acquired a November 2006 W211 E 280, another diesel, this time a V 6. The W210 I still have has done 192,000 miles and returns over 50mpg which is fantastic fuel economy. Only reason I am replacing it is because it is rusting good style. The new ( to me ) W211 seems to be fine in all respects and is a true limousine, only downside is fuel economy, which is a big shock from the previous car. As a precaution got local indy to change transmission fluid and I am not sure of the spec of the engine oil so I will change and give it Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 MB spec 229.51 as my indy says it needs a low ash oil to keep the particulate filter clear Currently the oil is on promotion at Halfords, about £41 per 5 litres. So far I have become concerned that a Star machine is necessary for lots of simple jobs on the car, but I guess this is progress. The car has done 94,000 and I paid £7,300 a bit pricey but that includes a warranty for 2 years, although I dont ever want to test the warranty. I love polishing the car and cleaning the leather and the Command system is really good. I will post my progress to you all as a big thank you to all the folks around the world that helped me keep my W210 running It still is on the road and I wont get rid of it until I feel confident in this new one. Only surprise is fuel consumption, I would be happy if I could get 40 mpg overall, not sure I will see that. Update soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom