Newbie With C220 CDI Sports Coupe (W203)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ghosty

Car
C220 CDI Sports Coupe
Hi Guys,

Just (well i say just, got it on friday) bought a 57-reg w203 sports coupe, at least i think its a w203, correct me if im wrong, i have attached some pics.

as said it is a 57 plate, with 34k on the clock, bodywork is prestine (bar the 1 or 2 stone chips), interior is prestine also.

there are a few faults with it, hopefully they will be rectified by the garage that sold it to me.

1, the rear fog light on the drivers side doesnt work, yet oddly the passenger side one does, anyone know why this is ?? (before anyone suggests the bulb i have checked and even replaced it).

2, the interior lights dont come on when the doors are opened, i have moved the switch to the right position but still nothing ??

there are a few electircal componants im not sure of:

1, a lead in the boot it goes to under the seats and through a gromet to behind the bumper (i dont have rear parking sensors) ????

2, a metal block under the front number plate with a wire (havent traced that to anywhere yet) any ideas what that is ????

3, an annoying green and red flashing led, that originates from the drivers side fuse area (accompanied by a stupid bleeper, which i have cut off), i have tucked the led into the fuse area as it was annoying while driving, but i have yet to figure out what it does or signals ????

one last thing, does this car have a DPF, as i cant tell, some sites say it does, some say it dont.

one last thing wheres the dipstick located, i have had the engine cover off and cant see it anywhere.

Ghosty

Attachments

• Pic 1 (Front).jpg
    Pic 1 (Front).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic 2 (Rear).jpg
    Pic 2 (Rear).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Pic 3 (Interior Front).jpg
    Pic 3 (Interior Front).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hello & welcome.

"one last thing wheres the dipstick located, i have had the engine cover off and cant see it anywhere. "

Is it attached to the oil filler cap?

Hello and welcome,

No dipstick with these models, it's measured electronically via the steering wheel buttons by scrolling through the menus. Should give instructions in the handbook.

Does the interior light work at all? There are 3 switch positions, Off / Auto /On. If it doesn't work on any setting the fuse would be the next thing to check.

Most modern cars have only one rear fog light, Mercedes are no exception to this... you've only got one.

DPF - You would need to post your VIN for someone to check it for you, or ring a Mercedes main dealer.

Can't help with the other queries I'm afraid. A couple of pics may help others identify them for you.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. Your interior lights are 'light sensitive ' and will only work when daylight falls, this is good as you don't run your battery down unnecessarily. You might be able to override this on your steering wheel controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom