Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vanstmic

Car
CLS 350 CDI W218
Hi all, first post. I am considering getting a 2012/2013 CLS CDI, 250 or 350.

From reading around mainly on here it seems the 2012 will not allow an iPhone 6 to connect for Internet. (Not that I use it now on my 2007) but it will stream music and phone calls via BT. Is this correct?

Also, it seems around the same time the sat nav with comand changed to include TomTom HD traffic and 3D buildings on the map?

If this is the case it might sway the decision to try for a 2013 model but I guess it depends if it makes a big difference or if a 2013 model has any other changes I am not aware of?

Thanks for any advice

Following up on this. Ended up getting a black 2012 CLS 350 CDI which despite some hassles with the dealer over the condition of the wheels we are very happy with!!

Is the consensus that the online aspects of comand (4.5) are not worth worrying about? I have an iPhone 6 and would need to get a dedicated car phone with payg sim in order to get it working

The ability to send routes to the car was also useful although with full 7 digit postcode it's less of an issue. What else does anyone use the online bits for?

Last edited:
Im told it's very slow and not worth the muck on. when I say Im told I must also add that I have a comand 4.5 and and Iphone 6 and have never bothered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom