Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V1RDE

Just thought Id say hi. Former Saxo Sports Club member (awaits mass booing) but Im hopefully pickin up my W202 C200 sport 2mrw cant wait. Hope you guys are as friendly as the SSC boys.

Hi there and welcome.hope you enjoy your car, iv'e had mine now over a year, and not had any real problems as of yet.
So I reckon if your a former SSC boy, will we be seeing some serious mods over the next few months. he he

Wellcome and good choice of car. It will be totally different to any Saxo but they are saying that "luxury is the new performance"

You'll find on the Mercedes the fog lights are switchable, they don't have to be on all the time like Saxo's.

Welcome to the club mate, no more digs I promise! I'm sure your going to love the car.

Originally posted by V1RDE
Just thought Id say hi. Former Saxo Sports Club member (awaits mass booing) but Im hopefully pickin up my W202 C200 sport 2mrw cant wait. Hope you guys are as friendly as the SSC boys.

OK - the acid test ... DID you have LED windscreen washers ?

Welcome to the forum - congratulations on your new car - please post some pictures when you get it.

S.

hummm .... don't recall ever seeing a whalefin spoiler on a Merc. Always a first I suppose he he.

Welcome - and yes - you'll find us all very welcoming and supportive (well that's how I still feel anyway after asking a 100+ inane questions).

Keep rockin'

No led washers anything like that, just a subtle modded VTR. You seem like a alright bunch.
Quick question......is lowering a Merc the same as any other car, or are there special things you have to do/buy etc. Cheers.

Quick question......is lowering a Merc the same as any other car, or are there special things you have to do/buy etc. Cheers.

same as any other car except the suspension geometry is a sod to set up and you need the proper spring compressors for the front if you are going to do the job yourself.

Welcome to the club

Andy

No led washers anything like that, just a subtle modded VTR. You seem like a alright bunch.

Here we go..........doing drastic things already. But never mind each to his own. BTW I thought Saxo's were part of an orchestra ? Welcome friend, nice to have another member to abuse lol (kidding) Nice choice of car though, enjoy it.

V1Rde

hi and welcome, we dont have as many members as the saxo club, but i think we are just as freindly!

as for the car;-
depends how much of a drop you want!

im currently changing to H&R springs with the standard shocks, H&R are the best for most German cars, the cup kit or the height adjustable kit give it a harsher drop with a harder ride, and no nothing different to any other car, apart from the spring pads which also effect the ride height.

when youve decided what you do, let us all know and maybe we can help.

also check out the suspension section on www.club202.com which is full of nutters with 202`s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom