Newby looking to buy C220 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

norris309

Car
Audi a4
Hi guys,

I've just come across this forum as the mrs would like to a c220 coupe.
She's just called telling me she's just looked at a nice one local to us.
2004(54) c220 cdi SE coupe Auto with 95k miles.

I've never owned/driven a merc, and just wondering if there is a buyers guides or list of common issues to look out for when purchasing?
And it'd be handy for service interval times etc.. so I can check the service history. I gather they are chain driven so won't require the cambelt change.

Also the differences between SE & Sport, we normally go for the 'sport' versions of the cars we buy, but this one looks to be an SE but has 5 spoke amg 18" wheels.

I'm not convinced by the coupe look, but the mrs knows what she wants lol!! and it sounds like it's in pretty good shape, although at just over £4200 it seems like it might be slighty high price wise??

One other new one on me, is automatic transmission, I've never had it & have just read about the need for the oil to be changed? & looks like that's around the 30-40k mile mark.
Would you steer clear of an automatic that hasn't had the oil changed properly? or buy it with the intention of changing the oil?

Thanks for any information, as i'm new to the merc world, so trying to find out some basic bits before buying one.

Cheers

If the car is mint and you are after a diesel, probably aim to get it for £4-4200? Where is the car located and have any of the indies on here looked after it?

Alternatively, if you were open to the idea of a petrol version, you could consider mine? Granted mine has a higher mileage, although it has had a top end engine rebuild with a new chain all carried out by a reputable indie on here (Wayne Gates - MB) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom