Newby needs help tyre pressures.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikrt

Car
2013 C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr
Picked up my first ever Merc @ the weekend. C Class W204 facelift 2.1 C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr (Map Pilot) (12 - 13)

Really pleased with it (Audi last car) Still getting used to the parking brake though.

Another problem I didn't notice when I paid (privately) was the crack in the headlight, and now, after heavy rain last night the ballast needs changing (and sealing the lens).

But I'm here today to try and confirm the tyre size combo & pressures.

Front = 225/40 18; Rear = 255/35 18

The filler cap shows Front @ 33 psi & rear @ 45 psi.

Should I have mixed sizes, and if so, are the filler cap pressure correct?

Thanks all in advance,

Mike.

alot of mercs have whats called staggered wheels, whereas the rear is wider than the front to help with stability . enter your reg on tyreshopper website and it should match whats on your car . the filler cap pressures are basically based on the car not tyre size , even if you went to 19 inch wheels the pressures would stay the same. saying that 45 psi seems alot is that for 4 people and laden weight ?? i drive a w219 cls with similar sizes @ 245 40 18 and 275 35 18 and put usually 32 all round .

Thanks OFTR, I just did the tyreshopper check (as well as others before coming here), when searching tyres by reg No, it returns the 2 correct sizes. But when I search for the tyre pressure it only returns 1 size the 225/40 18 @ 32 psi and the rear @ 32 psi, but it looks like the rears are for the same as front?

Thanks OFTR, I just did the tyreshopper check (as well as others before coming here), when searching tyres by reg No, it returns the 2 correct sizes. But when I search for the tyre pressure it only returns 1 size the 225/40 18 @ 32 psi and the rear @ 32 psi, but it looks like the rears are for the same as front?

the label on fuel cap usually shows for 2 people unladen or 4 people laden . so if you travel really heavy the the 45 psi wont be far away .

Double check those alloys came on your car from factory and haven’t been added on, be surprised when a 19” alloy cracks (okay maybe just c63 related) and they flog their VIN to a dealer to deliver a new one and a standard 18” arrives ;)

My first mercedes as well (w205) and that says 42psi all round and 46 in the rear with a load seems high to me

I always up tyre pressures on every car I've had , the advantages are mpg and stability with a slight loss of ride quality .

I've yet to experience center over inflation wear.

The label on the fuel flap on my W204 C180 facelift says 36psi all around for unladden car. It has the standard 16" wheels.

So Mercedes are wrong?

Not saying that but tue car was delivered with 36psi it went into a different mercedes dealer for some warranty work and they dropped it to 39psi as part of the winter check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom