Newest AMG forum/family member

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigel1977

Car
2012 c63
Gooday to all of you.

Purchased my first German auto two weeks ago. A metalic black 2012 with the PPP package coupled with the APX package. Barely made it home with the brand new Continenals on her due to snow packing the grip lines and hydro-snow-planing. But I made it and now have to store the car until April. In the meantime I want to install the catch can and new pulleys. Im a heavy duty mechanic for the city and tuned up a Dodge SRT4 up to 22 lbs of boost so consider myself fluent in the mechanical ways, however; I cannot figure out a proper order in which to remove the air intake "ducts" and the plastic cover that covers the radiator/condensor. It has these strange clips that I have never seen before. I understand Audi loves the big plastic clips but must be a German thing. Can a brother please tell me how to gain access to the radiator and front pulleys? Plastic breaks easily at minus 25 Celcius.

Much appreciated

Nigel

Last edited:
Alx, that is the best signature line ever! "Not putting miles on your AMG is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend."

Thanks for the super information

Thank you very much Alx. do you have the page before and the page after this in the manual? Would you mind sending them to me?

City of Edmonton throws pebbles and small rocks onto the streets for grip and to try and break up the snow pack. Not many drive a big block RWD sedan or coupe here in the winter...especially luxury German ones. You get yourself a 2000 dollar crown vic police interceptor.
Regards

Nigel

Gooday to all of you.

Purchased my first German auto two weeks ago. A metalic black 2012 with the PPP package coupled with the APX package. Barely made it home with the brand new Continenals on her due to snow packing the grip lines and hydro-snow-planing. But I made it and now have to store the car until April. In the meantime I want to install the catch can and new pulleys. Im a heavy duty mechanic for the city and tuned up a Dodge SRT4 up to 22 lbs of boost so consider myself fluent in the mechanical ways, however; I cannot figure out a proper order in which to remove the air intake "ducts" and the plastic cover that covers the radiator/condensor. It has these strange clips that I have never seen before. I understand Audi loves the big plastic clips but must be a German thing. Can a brother please tell me how to gain access to the radiator and front pulleys? Plastic breaks easily at minus 25 Celcius.

Much appreciated

Nigel

I can understand the catch can ( I have a weistec one fitted).
However, why are you changing the pulleys?

This car came from a farm so lots of mud in rad and pulleys. They are noisy. I also read of some owners having the plastic idlers break....being plastic

Weistec Eng pulleys came in three days. No kidding they are military grade! Catch an too. Even the fittings are top notch. Anybody have warnings for pulley install? Had to subscribe to Merc. Benz website for trq. Specs. Dealer would not sell DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom