Newly aquired C270 Avantgarde

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SMP142

Car
2003 C270
Hi everyone. I recently moved to Italy and picked up a 2003 C270 with the 6-speed in it. I got it purely on the power:weight ratio and the reliability of the car. We plan to travel around a lot, so we wanted a solid car.

I am pretty new to the MB realm. My father-in-law has an 88 SL 560 I have worked on a little bit for him, but mainly I know Toyota Supra's inside and out. I also have a Cummins diesel truck back in the states. Another reason I went with the diesel.

Anyway... I plan on doing some basic stuff to get it up to my standards. It has good tires and the oil was just changed. I guess they use Motul here. I am not very familiar with the stuff. I will need to get brake pads and rotors, as well as flush the system.

It has a newer turbo and the intercooler piping is all new as well.

I have looked into deleting the EGR and the swirl flaps in the intake. I plan to do that at some point or another. It is just a matter of how long the car has to be down for the process.

I am also looking into a remap at some point in time. Not sure who to go with, but that won't be until I get everything else taken care of.

So, just thought I would see who else has a 270 and how they like it so far. I am pretty eager to start tinkering around with it once my tools arrive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

It looks like a very clean car! There's quite a few 270 owners on here.

'Newer' turbo, upgraded?

It is a pretty clean car. I have some stuff I have to fix on it still. I am getting about 18km per liter so I am loving it. Diesel is only 1.29 euro, so it is already paying for itself.

Welcome!

Same colour interior as mine - I love the all over light grey. The engine compartment in yours is a bit cleaner than mine, though!

Thanks everyone. I am still waiting on my tool to arrive here. I have a list of things ot do already. I ordered a new set of the rubber floor mats. I also ordered a new turn signal indicator switch. Mine will not stay on. It blinks 3 times and goes out. I read this is a common problem. I also need to fix the power seats. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I figure it is the wires under the seat that I read about. I will pull the cover off each seat and fix the loom. Hopefully that will get the power seats working again.

I still need to order a few other small items like the center console roller slide cover thing, and a new shift knob because mine is worn out and sticky. Overall I am hapy with the car so far. I have only had it a month, but has been great so far.

Has anyone installed gauges? Boost, EGT, etc... I am looking into that next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom