Newly painted car advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you look at the picture with the strip light reflections, that's one seriously good finish, and the price is first class. Well done you !

Car looks great and good price.

As said leave it wax/sealant free for a month you should be able to polish it immediately. As in the body shop will have given it a once over anyway but I’d give it a gentle wash and hand polish.

Non OEM paint is always softer and more prone to chips sadly but will still look great for years.

Last edited:
i have ordered bigger wheel spacers for the rear just to push the rear wheels out a tad further to match the front, also need to have a new exhaust made up to fill the exhaust cut out on the rear bumper. i was at the bodyshop on friday and he wants another 3/ 4 days on it to get it perfect.

chris

Last edited:
Hi, be careful with wheel spacers, the put extra stress on the wheel bearings.

:)If you want it perfect I’d have it detailed by a pro to rectify any general bodyshop problems i.e overspray and minor defects introduced in the polishing stage. Then go for a decent ceramic coating from any of the big names Gtechniq, gyeon, carpro etc. It’ll be well worth it! I have ceramic coating on my van and I love it! Makes it so easy to maintain afterwards and prevents minor scratches from general washing.

Yeah I think I will do. Im looking forward to getting it back finished

all done
y4mUzEeOj-MkndpKtNA4v4Gc_azQY9GzR3RA5pPDGH7qW3EOGkFGecqBYPIDrEPgknChn-DTRNdgJfZQc-5efhWDTjG0-GcL9qzsbniR0fa4orchFsPtl-VpqrbRUH6d6S3s27oMH04WfTS7KwX-YGIdAKtdhu54LjEli6TudEGBylDYqgWNoqeFdDbTPo35tGiRQIMKaPbIXB1c2buesmRjQ

That is one stunning looking car, bet you're afraid to drive it now LOL

Looks stunning. Love the way the C240 drives , mine has 140k + on the clock , still silky smooth. Great price for the paint job , did that include prepping or did you do that yourself?

I love the W202, still miss my C43, a little :);)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom