News of the World to close on Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

Thats it folks!

Sacrificed to Murdoch's BSkyB ambitions.
I can't see us being fooled.

Nailing Wade and keeping your grubby hands off BSkyB is now on our agenda.
It isn't going to go away Rupert.

This Sunday = last issue of News of the World

Next Sunday = first issue of The Sun on Sunday

(the domain name was registered just 2 days ago.......)

Meet the new boss.... just the same as the old boss....

i always felt that their constant digging in people personal affairs that had nothing to do with the general public was always annoying

Being a member of a Mercedes forum I exclusively read Bild.

Any kind sentiments toward NoW employees is just jingoism.

:devil:

Rumours that The Sunday Times was to be revamped and renamed the Sunday Ti**ies to broaden their reader appeal were also denied today. Also dismissed was the early new red top front runner suggestion , Venal Ba**ards bent on World Media Domination Magazine-- on Sunday as a misheard quotation from an unattributable government source.;)

End of the NOTW - big deal.

Interested - not.

I'm sure the fans of Shameless and Jeremy Kyle are devasted - init?

Looks like it was planned a few days ago:

Domain name: sunonsunday.co.uk Registrant: Mediaspring Registrant type: UK Individual Registrant's address: The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service. Registrar: Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG] URL: Domain names | Domain name registration | 123-reg Relevant dates: Registered on: 05-Jul-2011

NOTW journalists were fond of taking the moral high ground when digging in particularly mucky places. They had a stock phrase which they always printed to show that they were beyond taint and pure as the driven snow...

"We made our excuses and left" :D

I am sure that the NOTW wont be missed.

What about the other red-tops? Bound to be repercussions and finger pointing as this can of disgusting worms is opened. It's about time the gutter press were brought to account.

What about the other red-tops? Bound to be repercussions and finger pointing as this can of disgusting worms is opened. It's about time the gutter press were brought to account.

Only way to bring them to account is for everyone to stop buying them.

Russ

We are including the Daily Asylum Report in this aren't we?

It's just a cynical ploy. Sacrifice the workers, most were employed after the phone hacking scandal, whereas the bosses keep their jobs. Rebekka
Brooks should have been sacked too. Andy Coulson now arrested.

Murdock empire will strike back though. Money talks. Hope to god he doesn't get 100% of Sky Broadcasting as this episode proves he's not a suitable owner.

And Cameron needs to explain his decision to employ Coulson. A can of worms. Or is he just unlucky to be the leader in a game of pass the parcel when the music stopped and he's left holding the package ?

Only way to bring them to account is for everyone to stop buying them.

... or for the PCC to issue a banning order to the company concerned from expanding their current title base and frequency.

Freedom of press, expression and speech is one thing.

The systematic raping of personal details and illegal harvesting of information by those concerned should result in custodial sentences.

Those concerned knew what they were doing yet there are people with Asberger's Syndrome who are serving time as they only followed their curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom