Nexen tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C7pg

Car
E220CDI Bluetec AMG line estate
At my local MB dealer today to have the car valeted, they pointed out that 2 rear tyres need replacing, and have suggested Nexen tyres, I've not heard of them, does anyone have any experience, good or bad? They are quite cheap, but I always believe you get what you pay for.....

At my local MB dealer today to have the car valeted, they pointed out that 2 rear tyres need replacing, and have suggested Nexen tyres, I've not heard of them, does anyone have any experience, good or bad? They are quite cheap, but I always believe you get what you pay for.....

I have them on the car now as they came with it and i'm not going to lie they're just ok for a budget tyre.

The grip does feel like it'll give up in the wet rather than stick to the road and the road noise is quite loud. The rear end did slide out once in the wet turning into tesco and in the snow they're pretty poor there's just nothing.

I treat them quite gingerly and am looking forward to when i can replace them either before they wear if money allows or when they are worn which ever comes first.

The plus they seem to be quite hard wearing.

My Kia came with Nexen tyres, I think they are Korean, which makes sense as Kia is Korean, had no issue with them.

Car now has Dunlop Sport BluResponse. They got good reviews and were very cheap in the Kia size (205/55R16 - same as my W203 and W204) - they can be ordered online for as little as £50 per corner delivered (but not fitted).

In terms of the tyre itself Nexen should be fine, but at the same time it should be cheaper than 'premium' brands (Michelin, Continental, Pirelli, Dunlop, Goodyear, etc etc....) so I suggest that you compare prices.

But if the price is right, I would be fine with Nexen.

Thanks, chaps, I am in the process of comparing prices, but so far the dealer price is beating any on line deal, and a lot cheaper than the Bridgestones that are coming off.
Incidentally the old tyres have got horrendous circumferential cracking on the side walls, I've always had the tyres at the right proessures, so doaes anyone know what causes this type of failure?

What size tyres are they and how much are they quoting you?

Thanks, chaps, I am in the process of comparing prices, but so far the dealer price is beating any on line deal, and a lot cheaper than the Bridgestones that are coming off.
Incidentally the old tyres have got horrendous circumferential cracking on the side walls, I've always had the tyres at the right proessures, so doaes anyone know what causes this type of failure?
Age - modern tyres have a guideline life of 5years. Adding tyre black etc will lessen the tyres life and cause premature cracking so I was told by a Pirelli engineer.

I have Nexen winter tyres now on my E class and so far had no issues with them. Grip is very good, not noisy at all and I haven’t experienced any aquaplaning. But again I am not a relly driver.
This is the footage I made last year in French Alps with a lot of snow.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

lordlee, the cracks are on the inner face, so not visible unless you crawl underneath, and on a 3.5 year old car I reckon they should have lasted longer.
Will they're 265 35 R18 97Y and I'm being quoted £177 fitted for 2.

I have used them on my Kia. I went for the dearer ones, think they were 914 with the A rain mark. They wore badly and one of them developed a bulge on the inside at the bead.
I did not find them bad in the rain but neither did I find them in anyway outstanding. I will not use them again.

lordlee, the cracks are on the inner face, so not visible unless you crawl underneath, and on a 3.5 year old car I reckon they should have lasted longer.
Will they're 265 35 R18 97Y and I'm being quoted £177 fitted for 2.
This is really good price.

I have used Nexen tyres they are very good ,hard wearing,I put a set on my S320,Nexen make a Suv4 tyre,great for a big heavy car,without doubt when word gets around these tyres will be a whole lot more expensive

Take a look at similar priced mid range tyres Falken ZE914's and Kumho Ecsta KU39 as well. Both shape up well against the Nexen brand.

If you only put them on the back you'll alter the balance between front and rear. Having traction is all well and good but if your fronts don't work with the new rears, you'll compromise steering and braking.

I have used them on my Kia. I went for the dearer ones, think they were 914 with the A rain mark. They wore badly and one of them developed a bulge on the inside at the bead.
I did not find them bad in the rain but neither did I find them in anyway outstanding. I will not use them again.

Oooooops, it is Falken ZE 914's that I have used, not Nexen. AMgeed triggered my memory, so ignore my post above.

My car came with a new pair of Nexen N Blue Eco tyres on the rear, paired with part worn Michelin Energy on the front. These tyres get very good reviews for the price if not quite the as good as the premium brands. I've since done a tyre rotation and swapped the Nexens to the front and I can't tell the difference in noise, comfort or grip levels. I'm sure it's not realistic to compared tyre brands when they are at different ages and tread depths so maybe there is a difference but it's nothing that shows up in moderate driving.

I put Nexen tyres on a small car with 15 inch rims and was not impressed with the wet grip. They are a budget tyre at the end of the day. I will not be buying them or any other budget tyre again.

Korean tires, I've had them (N5000's) mounted on my 2002 E55 since I've owned the car and they've performed well (Not the same tires of course). I had N7000's mounted to the back but they weren't as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom