Next C63 will be a 4 pot hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for as well. A "final" edition w205 C63 like the 507 or black series in the previous w204 generation. Sadly, I haven't heard any rumours yet but I remain hopeful.

There was a C63R on the cards as a final edition type thing, but I believe this has also been axed.

It's a sad , yet inevitable way motoring for the future is going. Just be thankful its not all electric .
Not totally surprised and I'd expect MB's competitors to go the same way, so looking to BMW and Audi for a new V8 won't help.

Now more than ever, if you have never had a V8 AMG, just do it. They'll all be gone one day.
I wonder who will supply the V8 for Aston Martin in future ? Is it the end for V10's and V12's in Lambos and Ferrari's?
So many questions:D

A35, A45 C43, E43, E53 etc etc...all wrong IMHO - even though most in the wet are as quick as or quicker than my E63 5.5 Twin Turbo..

I agree the 2 turbos choke some of the drama from the old 6.2..

I think the way Lambo has gone with the SIAN pays a little lip service and keeps the drama - dust light Hybridisation of their V12...…

imagine the latest E63S..V8 but downsized to 3.6 but with a theoretical 30 miles of electric range from solid state batteries and new tech elec. motor for no extra weight gain but 650BHP+ / 700lb/ft of torque.. in total, 4WD obvs ...and 30+mpg.

That I could live with... :p

Sad but inevitable. Will make 'proper' V8s collectable but the mainstream big saloons will suffer I would expect.
Had I the money, I would be clearing the garage for a McLaren Mercedes SLR just for the noise

Well we’re selling the C63. Goodbye to this particular V8 when someone takes it

Attachments

• 2EDDE0C4-BC88-4FFE-8ACE-C2BB85039814.jpeg
    2EDDE0C4-BC88-4FFE-8ACE-C2BB85039814.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 16
It's a sad , yet inevitable way motoring for the future is going. Just be thankful its not all electric .
Not totally surprised and I'd expect MB's competitors to go the same way, so looking to BMW and Audi for a new V8 won't help.

Now more than ever, if you have never had a V8 AMG, just do it. They'll all be gone one day.
I wonder who will supply the V8 for Aston Martin in future ? Is it the end for V10's and V12's in Lambos and Ferrari's?
So many questions:D

That is exactly why I got the SL last year. I wanted to experience a V8 before it's too late..

The biggest issue i see with these mhev is the cost of maintenance, they can only be worked on once they are “made safe” and the correct equipment to do this is scary expensive, so gone will be the days of tinkering on your car in your drive

I read the Autocar article today. Over 2000kg estimated weight for the next C63. Thats an incredible weight.

I'll probably but an electric car next to replace the E43 - Model Y will be fractionally lighter - and stick to my lightweight cars for fun

but she’ll hear it real time in concerts she attends. IMO the marginal (very debatable) sacrifice in sound quality is a small price to pay for the convenience of having any one of 40 million songs on your device in the blink of an eye and even playing them on one (or all) of the 6 HomePods around the house.

I’d be very curious to find out just how many of the Vinyl lovers buy regular up to date current music or just play the same old music of yesteryear?

Convenience over Quality. Think I would go for the latter myself. I still buy vinyl and CDs but rip them to media server in whatever format is required for devices.
A lot of vinyl does seem to be reissues but there are newer releases. Some people listen to whole albums and others like to skip thru tracks on shuffle. Horses for courses and there is no right or wrong. I have noticed that Amazons auto rip only has the most recent mix of some tracks when you just want an original...

That is exactly why I got the SL last year. I wanted to experience a V8 before it's too late..

Pretty much the reason why I picked u a new e63s (pre-facelift) in June. My first, and likely last, V8 - and even when the lease is done I already have the cash on the side to pay off the balloon - that thing isn't going anywhere - in fact, I already got a list of mods that will happen once the warranty is over.

Not trying to be controversial but the Jaguar XK started out as a 4.2 V8 and grew to a 5.0ltr V8 with the option of supercharging.
The F type, used that engine as it's starting point but a V6 3ltr was quickly offered too. Purists said it was a wrong move but the V6 outsold the V8 by a huge margin.

The same thing happened when they introduced the 4 cylinder turbo engine which outsold the V6 to such a degree that the V6 has now disappeared. Buying a new one today, the choice is now between the 300PS turbo four pot, or the supercharged 5.0ltr V8 with either 445PS or 567PS outputs. Many people say the smaller engine is much more sporting to drive due to the reduced weight over the steering, but for some only be a V8 will do.

Although there's no current (no pun intended) electrical shenanigans on the horizon for the F type, the signs of progress at Jaguar do seem to be pointing towards smaller engines...

Not trying to be controversial but the Jaguar XK started out as a 4.2 V8 and grew to a 5.0ltr V8 with the option of supercharging.
The F type, used that engine as it's starting point but a V6 3ltr was quickly offered too. Purists said it was a wrong move but the V6 outsold the V8 by a huge margin.

The same thing happened when they introduced the 4 cylinder turbo engine which outsold the V6 to such a degree that the V6 has now disappeared. Buying a new one today, the choice is now between the 300PS turbo four pot, or the supercharged 5.0ltr V8 with either 445PS or 567PS outputs. Many people say the smaller engine is much more sporting to drive due to the reduced weight over the steering, but for some only be a V8 will do.

Although there's no current (no pun intended) electrical shenanigans on the horizon for the F type, the signs of progress at Jaguar do seem to be pointing towards smaller engines...
The least expensive models are usually the bigger sellers and for all sorts of reasons. Many buyers want maximum flash for minimum cash, and ithera like the car but don’t want or need the fastest model.

There are many more E220d sold than E63s, more 911 Carrera than 911 Turbo S, many more GLE250d than GLE63S, many more Panamera 3.0d than Panamera Turbo S, many more AMG GT than AMG GT C.

You have to really want the top of the range model as they’re typically much more expensive than the base model when new, and not just for regular car, it’s equally true even for sports cars like the F-type.

The least expensive models are usually the bigger sellers and for all sorts of reasons. Many buyers want maximum flash for minimum cash, and ithera like the car but don’t want or need the fastest model.

There are many more E220d sold than E63s, more 911 Carrera than 911 Turbo S, many more GLE250d than GLE63S, many more Panamera 3.0d than Panamera Turbo S, many more AMG GT than AMG GT C.

You have to really want the top of the range model as they’re typically much more expensive than the base model when new, and not just for regular car, it’s equally true even for sports cars like the F-type.
Thats very true. The base 2.0 turbo F type is close to half the price of the top V8 model but styling embellishments aside, looks basically the same. I think the V6 disappeared from the lineup because the 4 cylinder engine wasn't that much less powerful and the lighter weight made for negligible performance differences.

Having said all that, I think the XK8's 4.2 V8 engine was sublime in its power delivery and sounded very sweet too!

In a previous life I had a David Coverdale moment and scratched the XJ itch with an XJR100 which sounded rather damn good. Hmm no it sounded a-mazing! :cool:

Make it even heavier than the old one, that's progress? They should lighten it as much as possible.

Vinyl still gives the purest sound Ant. Might be old tech but its still the best.
Streaming loses some of the quality
So that's why Mercedes started to have Artico leather on their seats!!!!........... Sorry, I could not help myself :)

So that's why Mercedes started to have Artico leather on their seats!!!!........... Sorry, I could not help myself :)
All that money I get fake cows to sit on? Oh deary me no....

Gentlemen, what you need to remember is that it's the ' new man' who the ' new technology and engine' is targeted at.
It not you / us old dinosaurs and old farts.....

They are in touch with their feminine side, like 'rom-coms' and even use mosituriser....!

Of course, in reality, we all do (even or especially Ant and Roger), but you get the gist;)
It's what they want or are told they want, those Stepford husbands

Coal fired cars????
Why would you not want a digital driving experience?

In 10 years time we’ll be complainIng that we can’t even get a 4 cylinder C63 any more as the 2030 model will be electric 😢

Will be replacing my CLA45 in the next few months, going to be a V8 or a V10 next while I’m still allowed to buy one, then try and keep it beyond my normal cycle so it can coexist with the electric car rather than be replaced by it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom