Next car: C Class coupe with young family?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another +1 for the estate, Bought one due to having a little un and needing the space!
9bb4ea0c499ce2b66ecc6dad14ff5ea3.jpg

d267b1f61889af42e2d1dabc121a2046.jpg

You’re totally wasting your life there Andy. :rolleyes:

I’ve had a C-class coupe for 11 years and kids for 10 so I thought a lot about this when I bought my new one last year. I'd totally agree that if you've got young kids then it only really works if you have a bigger family car along side. Taking cases to the airport etc impossible in the coupe.

Our kids are 6 and 10 and we recently drove 300 miles up north & back for Christmas with them both in the back and it was fine,they were happy enough. I'm 5'11 and it just about worked as I had to put my seat forward a bit . I reckon it'll be OK for a few more years but after that I think there won't be enough room for any serious journey.

I'd totally agree about the doors in the new coupe, huge, heavy and need to open at 300 degrees in order to be any use, we often find an end space in order to get them in and out easier.... it's not a car we take to Tesco on a Saturday that's for sure. The doors are the one thing I really don't understand on that car..

For me the hassle is worth it for the fact I can drop them off at school then have a nice drive to work on my own but I can totally see how many people would just find it really annoying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another +1 for the estate, Bought one due to having a little un and needing the space!
9bb4ea0c499ce2b66ecc6dad14ff5ea3.jpg

d267b1f61889af42e2d1dabc121a2046.jpg
Is this canvansite blue or brilliant blue? Whichever it is, it looks really cool but I always struggle to tell the difference in natural light photos. Cheers.

Is this canvansite blue or brilliant blue? Whichever it is, it looks really cool but I always struggle to tell the difference in natural light photos. Cheers.

Thanks, it’s Brilliant blue. Dosent look so great once the bleeding cats walked all over it!

Just park your ego and buy a proper family car........ Their safety and comfort are paramount....

OK im a 4x4 and wagon guy (IMHO coupes are for girls and uphill gardeners) so it's an easy decision for me...

Below, our family car and my target car (if discussion next week work out)
c6a4898026bc370c36add04022cb486d.jpg
db4558b077e5cc605f7f76a677e27ef1.jpg

Sent from my Huawei note 8 using my fingers

Just park your ego and buy a proper family car........ Their safety and comfort are paramount....

OK im a 4x4 and wagon guy (IMHO coupes are for girls and uphill gardeners) so it's an easy decision for me...

And 4x4's are driven by Neanderthals and footballers wives

Show off! :ban:

:p

And 4x4's are driven by Neanderthals and footballers wives
At least we have correctly labeled each other! [emoji482]

I’ve never owned a coupe, but had a 3 door A3 & 1 Series Bmw. To be honest, it did my head in getting in & out to let people in the rear. I don’t have any kids but I did have to take my niece out a few times & it was an absolute nightmare putting the seat in the back for her.
I did have a car full once or twice & it was quite cramped.

Couldn’t imagine trying to get 2 kids seats in the back, the novelty would soon wear off. Also, would there ever be a time for you where you would need 5 seats? Doesn’t the coupe only have 4?

Got to admit, I would normally never consider a estate but after seeing the few that’s been posted on here especially GeeJays I’d certainly consider one next time.

Funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

Getting a saloon or Estate is wasting your life away?

Reality check required i think.

No, but buying the car you didn't want and owning it for 2 plus years and always wishing you'd gone for the other option is.

That's the reality.

Is there any more space in the rear seats in a c estate to a c saloon or us it literally the boot where the difference is?

No, but buying the car you didn't want and owning it for 2 plus years and always wishing you'd gone for the other option is.

That's the reality.

Sometimes, the practicality and kid factor has to take priority to what I really want and I think this is one of those times.

The alternative for coupe looks is A5 sport back or 4 series GT but then they aren’t a patch on MB imo.

Is there any more space in the rear seats in a c estate to a c saloon or us it literally the boot where the difference is?

I think there is only 2 seats in the rear of the coupe and a little less headroom.

Also less headroom in saloon and Estate IF pano roof is fitted.

That's the reality.

Family needs are more important than a metal box on wheels.

I think there is only 2 seats in the rear of the coupe and a little less headroom.

Also less headroom in saloon and Estate IF pano roof is fitted.

Ignore the 2 seat comment. 3 seats apparently. :wallbash:

Ok so even though I have 12 months to go before I change my c250 saloon I’m starting to think about my next car.

I really want a c coupe? But in 12 months time my kids will be 4 & 7.

It isn’t the most practical decision, but I’d be keen to hear from anyone has lived with a coupe and young kids and how they found the whole 3 door concept to live with. Kids getting in and out of car and me trying to reach in to clip their seatbelts is my concern. Also, I’m 6ft 1 so is the leg room still going to be decent enough in the back for the kids and also with an adult occasionally sat behind me.

I guess I am looking for a bit of persuasion to move from saloon to coupe and that the pro’s of having one outweigh the impracticalities.

Family needs are more important than a metal box on wheels.

I was replying to the OPs original post asking for persuasion to running a coupe with young kids.
I think you'll find that's what he originally asked, and that's what I based my reply on.
Just because the OP has reviewed his desicions is no need to start pulling my posts out of context and trying to make me look stupid.
I'd appreciate if you just dealt with the original point instead of trolling me.

I was replying to the OPs original post asking for persuasion to running a coupe with young kids.
I think you'll find that's what he originally asked, and that's what I based my reply on.
Just because the OP has reviewed his desicions is no need to start pulling my posts out of context and trying to make me look stupid.
I'd appreciate if you just dealt with the original point instead of trolling me.

Understood.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom