Next car car thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
1 year old ML 350 grand edition or new Volvo Xc 60 ?

Really confused with all the options at mid 30's K just now..

A6 estate
XC 70 estate
E class estate / C class estate 350 cdi

New 3 series estate
The skoda superb 4x4top spec estate is v good value also..

Heads burst just now and need to get something sorted in next month or so..

All views appreciated..

Stuart

I would go for the BMW esp a 330d or a 335d

Depends on what you need and what's most important to you... Some will depreciate more, some are bigger, some will have higher running costs. You currently have an ML; is size and 4x4 important? Mid £30's - cash or finance? Company or private purchase... Lots of variables!

You're contemplating on 3 different classes here, Mid SUVs, Estates and Small estates. You need to decide on size and then narrow it down to one class, then begin your research.

As said, need some more info on what exactly it is that you want!!

XC60 really isnt comparable to an ML
E class waaay bigger than C class
New F30/31 or E90/91 3 series???

As said, need some more info on what exactly it is that you want!!

XC60 really isnt comparable to an ML
E class waaay bigger than C class
New F30/31 or E90/91 3 series???

As others have said what are your requirements?

I initially started looking at GL's and the R Class and added the Cayenne & X5 to the shortlist. I briefly considered an S212 E350 but ended up buying a BMW 5 Series GT :D - it's worth looking at, based on the 7 series platform with raised ride height and from the rear looks a little like an X6. It may not win any beauty contests but if you need a large car it's seriously worth a look - it's a great comfy cruiser.

I would cross the Skoda off the list. My boss has one and he is very unhappy with it. Everytime he gets into my 8 year old E Class he starts moaning and groaning about how crap his new Skoda is and how much better my MB is. I, of course, agree with him !

Next car

You are all right of course but that's how confused I am, after a rethink the ml is off the list , rfl and lack of suitable pcp option has ruled it out , for a year old one at any rate , not sure of new shape either..

Swmbo seems to like the c estate so I think it looks like a pcp on a 350 cdi with pano roof if possible, any thoughts on the artico seat fabric as I don't like the sound of it..

Failing that either an a4 or new 3 series estate 6 cylinder diesel.

My previous ML is history now and I will have an old CRV if 4x4 needs crop up..

Make more sense ???

C class estate is a car of champions. IIRC not sure if you can get a pano roof on one.

C350cdi is a great car, as is the larger E class. Poorer seating IMHO in the E class.

BMW 3 and 5 30d or 35d are nice cars.

Do you not think that a 4wd A4 or A6 may make more sense where you live. Winter tyres. AWD, its going to be good in the winter

I would definitely consider an 330xd.

Discounts of around 10% on list so maybe a smidge over your £35k budget, but great car, 3 series dynamics, good space inside, really nice ride, 4WD and 40mpg with that awesome 8 speed auto 'box.

Some amazing deals on the A6 3.0tdi Quattro allroad at the moment too. £339+vat a month for one on the contract hire deals. Not bad for a £50,000 car.

Forget being sensible and buy a used C63? :p.

I love the C Class and can't help feeling the E would be better still, out of your choices probably an E350 CDI Sport would be my choice.

I looked at XCs a while ago and was horrified at the state of the leather in cars three-plus years old. There is a synthetic and a real leather, but I've never seen one which didn't look horribly worn. I discussed this with a couple of dealers and they admitted it was a significant problem...

And at the risk of being flamed badly, if your shopping list is as described, you really should look at Discovery 4 HSEs... That said, I often regret not going the ML route (until the soggy Labrador jumps into the back!).

Disco 4 for me every time if you can afford it, but get a big discount on a new one, they loose so little in the first 3 years it makes more sense than buying used.
Also make sure it is the later 8 speed version.

Amazing car.

That's a good point too. When I change cars I do some careful analysis of the likely cost including depreciation. Discoveries show very well out of this, as does the R class.

By the way, lovely avatar... What's he/she biting?

My dinner!!!

pie.jpg

Next car

Tried to price a 330 xd 3 series , too pricey according to official website offers, I did see some possible deals on A6 avant and will follow both these options up in the next few days but tbh I can't see anyone beating the merc pcp option..
Of course I could be wrong..:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom