Next door neighbours s3 2002

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lipsylee

Car
C32 AMG GONE :( -NOW CLK320
What do you rekon guys' my next door neighbour reckons his audi s3 2002 with 170k miles and a remap can beat my new mercedes c32 amg !!!! Haha he said maybe not after 20mph but to start off it will and round town and round a track , I think he's dreaming and once car is up and running fine I'm gonna show him .
Who's with me lol .

Depends if he's standard or not! Those VAG engines can be tuned to some decent power by MTM and the likes!!!

And 4WD but he is probably right about the 20MPH bit! and they are chuckable too i dont think it will be as one sided as you think!

Tony.

Lipsylee said:
Cool cheers, he's car is running 258BHP

Mines non standard and running 410BHP

I'd keep him on long straight roads.....! I had a 270hp megane before my pulleyed C32 and that would definitely hand out a spanking to the '32 on a B road!

Neil Mackay said:
I'd keep him on long straight roads.....! I had a 270hp megane before my pulleyed C32 and that would definitely hand out a spanking to the '32 on a B road!

Ok will do cheers

A lot will also depend on the driver too. I've whooped an E46 M3 (343BHP) before now and that should easily out-handle my 'wallowy-in-comparison' E55K (476BHP/518lb-ft). I used to own an E36 Evo (321BHP/258lb-ft) and the handling was unbelievable - so I imagine the E46 M3 is the same or better (I've driven an E46 M3 but not to the max).

Of course if the person can't drive and you can , the fiesta would be a good comparison lol

Of course but you get varying levels of ability.

I am by no means the best driver but I do alright against most stuff.

Be interesting to see how a C32 drive by a professional compares against said S3. The C32 develops a lot of torque which is all important when nailing out of bends onto a straight.

I think personally a few people on here who have had c32's and are very confident with them , will do audi s3 drivers , maybe not into the corners but as soon as out of them the s3 would loose the torque and power then the merc would fly past unless it was a full track of hair pins haha

Lipsylee said:
I think personally a few people on here who have had c32's and are very confident with them , will do audi s3 drivers , maybe not into the corners but as soon as out of them the s3 would loose the torque and power then the merc would fly past unless it was a full track of hair pins haha

I know my 32 would never corner like a hot hatchback! Turbo'd cars get their hp and torque low down where as a 32 gets full power at redline so short sharp B road blasts will favour the turbo! Plus the weight advantage!

Yes agreed , looks like we need to hit the motorway haha. Or just don't bother as I will end up in the middle of some roundabout lol

Lipsylee said:
Yes agreed , looks like we need to hit the motorway haha. Or just don't bother as I will end up in the middle of some roundabout lol

Mines an estate tho lol!! I reckon you'd beat him though but not by miles.....then he'd say "kept up with you though" and report on rs246.com how he whooped a C32 AMG!

Haha .estate your be alright sideways round the corners lol.

O well there's only one way to find out isn't there !!!

I will keep you posted , hopefully if I don't reply you know where I will be - perched up on sunbury cross roundabout lol .

wow 1st and 2nd just skip round the rev counter and hit the limiter in seconds... That's probably over 60 done..... 4 gears left....

looks silly quick :)

I owned a 2001 Audi S3 with 225 bhp. Loved the looks and the interior, but the engine is a bit of a dog a the car has awful handling - very numb and lifeless,understeer was terrible.

Set the brakes on fire too, needed Brembos.

Great traction though and with a good clutch dump I could see off most other cars.

At Santa Pod it would do 14's all day long but terminal speed was low, I can't remember exactly, but not much over 90mph.

moff said:
I owned a 2001 Audi S3 with 225 bhp. Loved the looks and the interior, but the engine is a bit of a dog a the car has awful handling - very numb and lifeless,understeer was terrible.

Set the brakes on fire too, needed Brembos.

Great traction though and with a good clutch dump I could see off most other cars.

At Santa Pod it would do 14's all day long but terminal speed was low, I can't remember exactly, but not much over 90mph.

Haha I forward this to him or Maybe post it through his letter box haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom