Next Merc dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve J

Car
C220 Estate
Hi All

I'm currently driving a 2012 C220 Estate, my first Merc. which I bought 2nd hand 5 years ago, and have generally enjoyed the Mercedes experience. Due to a change in work (my annual mileage has dropped dramatically, and will stay relatively low) and a general desire to change car I'm looking at potential replacements - my requirements are (i) an estate, (ii) automatic (iii) German and (iv) petrol! I'm wanting to go petrol as most of my journeys are short (which I'm told are bad for a diesel), and due to a lower annual mileage I'm now less concerned about fuel economy. I'm looking for either a C Class or E Class Estate and would value advice on which engine variant to consider - my budget is upto £25k

Thanks in advance

Cheers Steve

Regular short journeys are bad for diesels so a petrol engine is better although the best size would depend on your future mileage.

What sort of mileage do you anticipate doing now?

Happy with the size of a C class estate ? short trips , petrol engine preferred ? less concerned about fuel economy ? £25K budget ? S204 C63 estate...no brainer... Live a little.

I am not joking here.

My C55 does the same around town and is no match for a C63 I enjoy it though, it's only dead dinosaurs we are burning. Soon come we will all be in EV's . Like I said to the OP . Live a little :p

Regular short journeys are bad for diesels so a petrol engine is better although the best size would depend on your future mileage.

What sort of mileage do you anticipate doing now?
Somewhere around 10 - 12k a year

Somewhere around 10 - 12k a year

What would be a typical journey for you in miles and how often?

That total mileage is not too bad for something really fruity but it depends what you are happy to spend on fuel each month.

I used to do around 8k in an E55K doing teens per gallon and I seem to remember spending around £250 a month back in the early teens which I was happy with.

Thanks for all posts - much appreciated. Some thinking to do!!

In terms of motive power I would go for one of the more recent petrol engine designs where the exhaust emission treatment equipment is more integral with the engine rather than the previous petrol setups where the exhaust treatment system is a bit ad hoc/add-on in design with systems modified keep up with changes in emission regulations as they occured at the time.

This is an old thread resurrected today by a new member - the OP hasn't been here since March of last year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom