Next mod: W210 Blinking Mirrors onto a W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Onto my next mod, ive got hold of a set of facelift folding W210 mirrors :bannana:

Few questions:

1) What is the best option, change the connector on the car to a W210 one, or change the connector on the actual mirror to a W202? or can I simply use the existing connector on my old mirrors?

2) Where can I get the required connection? is it available via the dealership?

3) My facelift W202 already has the folding mirror option, I take it this will be a great help, where can I get a detailed wiring diagram?

Anyone who can help, eg: someone who already has done this help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I think Shude did this to his 230k, might be an idea to drop him a pm.

2538428896_4e8fcc2d16.jpg

Whaaaaat? :p

Karl if you carefully remove the loom from your existing mirrors and wire them up then the W210 mirrors become plug and play. I did this on mine, but I didnt have the folding feature.

It does make faffing with wiring new pins and or plugs alot less hassle.

The pins are available if you search the threads for the part numbers, the plug housings are not. I think Alps did this mod too and has a detailed thread about colours of wires and so on, I'll try and find it tomorrow morning....

Hi,
I have done this MOD to mine and Bobbies C43, and both times I have swapped the plug on the 210 mirrors for the 202 item, these plug bodies are not and have never been available separetly from MB, so they have to be sourced from the 202 mirrors.
Colour codes on these cables in both the 202 and 210 mirrors are pretty meaningless as they are not consistent, but you only have to use a multimeter to bell the cables through.
You should have folding/blinking mirrors 7 cables, three of which will be for the mirror motor, two for the indicator, and two for the heater.
The three mirror motor cables and the two heater cables of the 210 mirror go to the rectangular part of the 202 plug, all other mirror functions go to the round part of the 202 plug.
The polarity of the folding motor does not matter to operate it but if the folding switch operates in reverse change its polarity.
The heater polarity is ok either way.
Mirror motor has three cables, using the multimeter find the cable in the centre of the mirror motor connector as this HAS to be correct, and again the outside two cables can be swapped between each other, but if the mirror motor operates from the switch back to front swap these cables around.

Last edited:
When I did this mod I cut the 202 plugs off the doors and fitted 210 facelift plugs. This is why your mirrors are totally stock 210 facelift mirrors :)

Obviously this meant that the mirrors were plug and play after that point but it's not pleasant cutting perfectly good plugs off a working car.

I'll have a look around for the wiring info because I used a wiring diagram when I wired them up originally.

Hi,
I only ever put the 202 plugs on the 210 mirrors so i could keep the car untouched, and I could put standard 202 mirrors back on the car if needed, I also installed dimming on the drivers side mirror, very easy to do, but can be an expensive mod if you haven,t got the mirror glass.
I do have the pt. no.'s for the pins for the 202 plugs somewhere if you want them let me know.
I will be replacing one of my 210 mirrors in the near future, and will be going through this procedure again, I may do a "HOW TO" if anyone is interested.

...I could put standard 202 mirrors back on the car if needed
I pulled the indicator wiring out of the wings, removed the repeaters then had the holes in the wings welded up and painted over so it would have been a substantial mod to go back to 202 mirrors ;)

Thanks for the replies guys!

How did you connect up the repeater to the mirror though? obviously I need extra cabling but how/where do you feed it up and through?

To cover up the holes in the wings, I had an idea to get some facelift A-Class 'Elegance' repeater covers and spray them body coloured :D

Thanks for the replies guys!

How did you connect up the repeater to the mirror though? obviously I need extra cabling but how/where do you feed it up and through?

To cover up the holes in the wings, I had an idea to get some facelift A-Class 'Elegance' repeater covers and spray them body coloured :D

You need to probably use a multimeter to find the correct indicator wire in the rear lamp clusters. You will then need to find this through the cable ducts each side of the car and run wires from there to the mirrors. For the blinker there is a black for power and brown for earth. You just need to find the correct wire for the indicator to tap into the power.

A class repeater covers? Seriously?
If you dont want the wings covered up, just leave the repeaters working as is and tap the cable in the cable ducts, thats what I'm planning to do anyways.

On both mine and bobbies car i left the repeaters wired up and in place.
I run the indicator feeds into the car via two of the spare ways in the 202 plug and into the cable ducts either side of the car, and spliced into the indicator wiring there, and used the existing earth studs under either seat.

or you could add the pins and plugs, i can dig out the part numbers if you want, its been a while since i done that mod!, also added the dimming and folding features.

They will look great Karl and will finish the car off. One of the better 2002 mods.

Last edited:
When a mod needs doing, it needs doing!

After the wings/sideskirts im a spraying Ninja so:

Primed already!
IMG_20951.jpg

They were Shude-Green before hand :D

Last edited:
Excellent job karl 10 out 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom