Next seat for our baby 10months old (which report anyone?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Our little one is growing up fast 10 months and legs almost sticking out of her Maxi Cosi car seat that not so long ago she looked tiny in.

Anyway me being bloke the next forward facing seat was going to be a Recaro :cool: simply because its a recaro. One of the ones also see's her from now to age 12.

However I had a conversation with a yummy mummy (friend of wife) who says she had a call from another friend who gets the 'which' reports and the Recaro does not get very good safety reports?

Does anyone have access to this?

The other seat is the Maxi cosi that apparently gets a great report, but its not a recaro.

Obviously safety over looks any time for this, if someone has the report that would be great to see what the Recaro does in the test? Its a Recaro Young Sport, from 9 months to 12 years

recaro.jpg

The Maxi cosi Priori XP does up to 4 years and is a

Maxi.jpg

any help would be great

If you send me a PM with your email address I'll send it to you. I tried posting the report but the forum won't let me attach zip files over 100k

Try Halfords or Mothercare they can give good advice on this. I have two little ones who have gone through all the various seats and take it from me you are better spending your money on a good seat for your child rather than look for a sporty name like Recaro. Enjoy the family way !!

Talltimtam

I'm with you rather have saftey over looks any day, Mothercare and many shops don't stock all the brands however (recaro only on line in mothercare). The sales staff are helpfull as we have often asked advise on various items but if the seat isn't there they will want to sell us a seat they have? As for Halfords I don't think 17yr old spotty kids would know the difference between any of them :)

I thought recaro was a very well thought of seat company and was supprised to hear th wich report they didn't do well.

I kind forum member is sending me the report and I have been on the recaro web site looking at specs / saftey results etc.

thanks though and at the end of the day the safest will be bought.

Hi

While the seat needs to be safe you do need to consider comfort as well. We have a Britax in each car which I believe is safe and see very little complaint from my two year old, even when we did a two day stint to South of France (all the complaining came from her indoors, or rather next to me!),

The only ongoing problem we have and you may need to look out for is how easy it is for the baby to lose the shoulder straps as they grow up. It can take my daughter about 5 seconds to lose her shoulder straps, and I have yet to find a proper soloution. The shoulder pads seem to create enough space to slip her hands under, so that is perhaps something to look out for.

Best of luck

David

i reccomend mothercare for you carseat they will tell you what is what and even fit them for you they are really good:D

Our little (or not so little) girl is rapidly outgrowing her seat. SWMBO is constantly hassling me to do some research to work out which one we should get next.

The Recaro looks nice, the Maxi Cosi looks neat too. Looks like the Maxi Cosi has some type of easy fix base / mount? Anyone got any experience of this seat or indeed the MB one's?

Ideally we want a seat that will last from now to about 4/5 years (or longer is poss!)

We've just bought two new car seats (one for each car). The car with ISOFIX (the lexus, not the merc, unfortuantely) has the Maxi Cosi Priori XP fitted and it's superb. Very easy to fit, very comfortable (Well, I've not gotten in it myself, but if feels more comfortable) it also reclines, which is great for long, nap inducing, journeys. I got the which report too, and it was the top recommendation for that age group (Oh, and which reports don't just rate on safey, they also cover comfort and other factors also). Anyway, it's the best buy IMO.

Another vote for the Maxi Cosy, we have just moved up from the up to 4 yrs one and bought another Maxi Cosy. They are well made and our little fella had no problem falling asleep when reclined. A useful addition is the clip on cup holder for when your child is a bit older.

Have a look at www.kiddicare.com, they have an excellent selection at reasonable prices once you've decided which to go for.

Same boat here, our little girl is one next week and we need to get a new seat.

We had the Maxi Cosi, and a Bebe Confort ISEO (which was more expensive).

The maxi cosi was a great bit of kit, easy to adjust and fit in the car, get baby in and out of etc, so it would get my vote, although have not used the recaro.

We have the Recaro Young Profi plus newborn to infant -13kg with the isofix base, will be upgrading/sizing to the toddler version Young Expert plus -18kg as I am so impressed with the quality and it can use the same base.

They also dock into the new MacLaren Techno XLR travelsystem.

Last edited:
Isofix or non Isofix?

Regarding the MaxiCosi XP - does it come in Isofix & Non Isofix versions?

More importantly can the Isofix one be used in a car with non-isofix? We currently have the Maxi Cosi Cabrio fix with the easy fix (Isofix) base. This is fantastic and can be used in cars with & without Isofix (i.e. is backwardly compatabile)

Ideally I want a seat system that does both as I'm changing company cars soon and would prefer Isofix but we don't have it in our other car (the W203).

Hello

Looks like a few of us are in the same boat :) group discount?... :)

We currently use the Maxi cosi seat and it has done very well, one in each car with the base stations so we just click the seat in, no messing with belts :)

So we would but two for our cars just for ease. Maxi Cosi looks to be ahead at the moment..

This is what we have now *2

seatbase.jpg

with the seat that the little lady seems to like :)

DSCF4398.jpg

(this was when she was 2 months old, in France on holiday and no beer was harmed in this photo)

:)

Yep, we've got exactly the same base & seat (great taste eh?). Although our seat is Grey & Black with red piping (we really wanted the Strawberry Red).

Anyone back on topic, my brother has given me the number of a Baby / Nursery supplier in Tottenham (authorised Mama's & Papa's distributors amongst others). They're getting a good deal on some nursery furniture and the Quinny Buzz / Maxi Cosi travel system. Apparently they're more than willing to talk discounts I can see what they say I guess :)

Nope. If you've got two cars then you really need two seats. They're so big and awkward now that moving a seat from car to car becomes a major event!

For non-isofix the best rated in that group was one by mamas and papas. It's in the back of my CLK but I can't remember which one it was. I'll try and dig it out for you.

A210, im going through the same dilemma at the moment, and was considering the young sport, havent seen it in the flesh yet as want to see how big the actual seat is as ive seen some seats in back of cars that are huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom