next sevice at 600 miles? Then nothing? Odd.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Hello, at 92,222 I got a spanner and a message saying next service in 600 miles, then it dissipeared. Never bak again?
Is the computer confused?
What is the service at around 100.000 mark?
Cheers.
Olivier

It will be back when it counts down to 500miles to go, then 400, ...etc..

100k miles is a standard A or B service but add fuel filter. In reality you should be changing the ATF every 50k or so and coolant and brake fluid on a bi-annual basis as well.

To read the service mileage left press the 0 button twice within a second.

Depends on which it had last time and how many miles since. Anything over 22,000 Km's (13,640 miles) means a B service is due as opposed to an A service.
A 'B' service means removing a rear wheel to check the rear brakes and fitting a new pollen filter and wiper blade above and beyond an A service.

OK, the ATF is 8000 miles I reckon, the pollen filter 6000, the wiper nearly new, the brakes are OK from what we saw last time, but we didn't take the wheel off, the engine oil is 5000 miles.
I have no history then dunno what as been done on it?
Anything else I should look at for the service?
Cheers.

Depends on which it had last time and how many miles since. Anything over 22,000 Km's (13,640 miles) means a B service is due as opposed to an A service.
A 'B' service means removing a rear wheel to check the rear brakes and fitting a new pollen filter and wiper blade above and beyond an A service.

Removing all 4 wheels on the B and checking the suspension a little more and the dust filter.

The old B used to include a wiper blade change but not anymore.

OK, what need to be done beside the wheels/ sus[pensions and dust filters?
I don't know what is in the sevice A. Thanks.

Oil and filter, air filter, general check around for leaks, worn brakes,tyres, etc.

OK, thank you. It's all OK then. Yeepee... Can I erase the service warning or it'll be there always?
Cheers.

You can cancel it back to 10,000 miles.
Ign on, press 0 button twice.
Ign off, hold 0 button in
Ign on and keep holding 0 button in for 10 secs or until Gong sounds.

Well, did you carry out all of the service work?

Well, oil is only 5000 with filter, pollen/ air filter same. Just changed again fuel filter, they only last 1000 on WVO. We checked the brake last week on the ramp, not taking the wheels off though, checked the wheels ball joints and few things underneath, All seems OK. :)

Last edited:
You wanna be thinking of changing the engine oil soon, you little veg runner, polermisation of the oil ?

Gosh, is 5000 time? I was going to wait till 10000?
What do you think Andy?
Cheers.
Olivier

Gosh, is 5000 time? I was going to wait till 10000?
What do you think Andy?
Cheers.
Olivier

Yer I'd say 1or 2 K to go.
I generally change it a lot earlier on all my previous cars any how but on veg deffo, it's more of a precaution but hey, why not.
There is an oil called plantomine ( I think) but its expensive, it extend oil change intervals to 'normal'
Loads of info on 'tother site on this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom