Next 'toy' car ideas...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Normally when I sell a car, I've got a rough idea what I want next and although I do constantly flirt with the idea of a W211 E55, I can't really justify spending circa £8k on a plaything. So... The criteria is;

Budget is up to £5k, must be fast, must have five seats and it doesn't have to be a Mercedes.

To give you some idea of the sort of cars I have floating in my mind, I'm thinking...

Alfa 147 3.2 GTA

(Another) C43 AMG

W202 C55 AMG

BMW M5 (4.0 V8)

BMW M3 (3.2 manual 'box)

All input greatly received.:thumb:

I can't imagine any of the above being a 'toy' and therefore fun.

I recommend a Lotus 7 type car and trackdays. :cool:

+1 for Fiat coupe turbo, fast fun car.

Hi Lee,

You can snatch a W211 E55 for much less than £8k now...if this facelift 2004 (honeycomb interior grill / 200mph speedo,improved looms) is still on the market in a month, due to mileage am sure it will, its sale price will surely start with a 6:D am sure you could squeeze the budget, or white lie to the mrs lol

Mercedes-Benz E Class E55K 4dr Tip Auto Amg Saloon 5.5

Normally when I sell a car, I've got a rough idea what I want next and although I do constantly flirt with the idea of a W211 E55, I can't really justify spending circa £8k on a plaything. So... The criteria is;

Budget is up to £5k, must be fast, must have five seats and it doesn't have to be a Mercedes.

To give you some idea of the sort of cars I have floating in my mind, I'm thinking...

Alfa 147 3.2 GTA

(Another) C43 AMG

W202 C55 AMG

BMW M5 (4.0 V8)

BMW M3 (3.2 manual 'box)

All input greatly received.:thumb:

Last edited:
I recommend a Lotus 7 type car and trackdays. :cool:

Funny you should say that, there's a track that's recently opened near me and I'm interested in getting involved in sharpening up my track skills.

I wouldn't bother with a V8 M5, too heavy, not very focused and just not fun.
An M3 3.2 still has a proper engine and is a very capable and fun car. The suspension may need a bit of a sharpen up if its not been updated already and they are under braked for serious use but an M3 will put a smile on your face.

Maybe worth considering the forgotten japs,
Toyota Celica GT4, Nissan Pulsar GTiR

Or giant killers like the Peugeot 106 Rallye, Toyota Glanza and the Nissan Pulsar VZR, the VZR still has one of the best engines of all time and its only a 1600.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that, there's a track that's recently opened near me and I'm interested in getting involved in sharpening up my track skills.

I'm in the neighbouring PRWY - where's the track? I'd be interested in a play sometime when my tyres are close to needing replaced !!

£5k buys a 190 16v
You're consistent! :D

That's the dark horse of the list to be honest, the 190 16v that I nearly bought off of a 190 forum member recently struggled to be 're-sold' for £2k, so I would prefer to buy one for between £2-3k to be honest.

This suggestion may get laughed at a bit but I'm going with it anyway.
Proton Satria.

They consistently appear in the top 5 places of the popular welsh road rally's for a reason, a very good base and an awful lot can be done with them for not much money. As with the Pug 205, you can probably find one that has been prepared quite well.
And yes Mitsubishi Evo 3 suspension parts do bolt straight on!

Jag S-Type R? Cheapest way to get into 400 BHP as far as I know..

Cheers,

Gaz

Also the quickest way to relieve your wallet...S-type has the award for worst car I have ever owned...:fail

Jag S-Type R? Cheapest way to get into 400 BHP as far as I know..

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom