Nextbase DAB 250 placement in a 2104 A Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
I decided to fit upgrade the standard radio to facilitate playing DAB radio stations & went with the Nextbase 250 model which can be bought from E Bay seller Velocity Electronics (authorised dealer) item number 293680641966, I also bought a Nextbase hardwire kit & a Brodit 654813 centre vent mobile phone holder.

I hate untidy wires all over the car so took a time consuming step of removing the display screen (2 T20 screws) & its mount (pull off) & the removed the glove box (5 T20 screws)
1. I threaded a plastic coated curtain wire from the display screen aperture down to the left & above the glove box
2. I placed the antenna at top of the screen as per Nextabse instructions & fed the cable down behind the A pillar trim panel.
3. I wired in the Nextbase hardwire kit to the ign fed supply on the fuse box (under passenger side carpet)
4. I taped both wires supply & antenna to the plastic coated curtain cable & pulled it through the display screen aperture.
5. I placed the Brodit mount on the second vent & superglued the DAB radio mount to that phone mount.
6. I connected the wires to the Nextbase DAB unit & fitted it the Brodit mount.
7. Replaced the display screen.
8. Tidied the two short lengths of visible wire with a single small cable tie
9. Switched the ign on & tuned the DAB in.

Within a minute the DAB Unit had tuned into a vacant frequency on the radio & began to receive the DAB radio singles from radio stations.
Over a local drive of 12 miles the radio signal didn't fade once & I'm quite happy with the end result.
Photos below.

DSCN1735-min.JPGDSCN1968-min.JPGDSCN1969-min.JPGDSCN1970-min.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom