Nice 05 Silver Arrow E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That car was mentioned on SPX's thread... There is misalignment with the front end.

Major774 said:
That car was mentioned on SPX's thread... There is misalignment with the front end.

I can't see the misalignment, can someone enlighten me?

Thanks

If you look at the shot of the front of the car everything is misaligned.

First thing I noticed was the front misalignment.

Look about the front headlights / side lights - there is a huge gap between them and the bonnet for a start.

Should be neat and much less of a gap like this:

johneboy-albums-amg-iii-wheels-picture8114-25.jpg

I reckon it might have been smacked.

I love Cubanite silver though - would have loved an E55 in that colour but not to be...

Thanks guys. I did see the bonnet misalignment, but I thought it was an adjustment to the under pins that cushion the bonnet against the wings..no??
I saw that the alloys could do with a refurb and the interior was the cleanest shall we say. Is the front near side a little low too?
Still think it looks the nuts.

If you look at the shot of the front of the car everything is misaligned.

Well spotted! I didnt see that until you mentioned it ...

First thing I noticed was the front misalignment.

Look about the front headlights / side lights - there is a huge gap between them and the bonnet for a start.

Should be neat and much less of a gap like this:

johneboy-albums-amg-iii-wheels-picture8114-25.jpg

$_57.JPG

He doesn't even mention anything about the misalignment in the listing. Surely he knows?
Is it possible that the bonnet is just skewed after a non-RTA incident and could be adjusted back to the correct position? Not that difficult to effect that adjustment, but in doing so may well make the view at the top of the bonnet and wings looking downwards a sight for sore eyes. :confused:

If it has been in a collision, I'm sure there's no chance that the repair is by a M-B approved bodyshop.
Makes me wonder if it could/should have been a write off? I suppose that depends on how long ago the damage occurred.

It looks more likely that the bumper / headlamps are out of alignment than the bonnet. I'm sure it could be improved and maybe made 100% by the right person.

It may not necessarily have had accident damage, but someone without an eye for detail has definitely worked on it for one reason or another.

It's a strange one.

After studying it some more - it looks like the front OS lights need rotating, as you look at them, clockwise, and the NS lights need rotating, as you look at them, counter-clockwise.

Even if you do that, the bonnet looks too far over towards the NS.

My guess is it has been hit on the OS front corner / wing and has pushed the bonnet over - you can see on mine the star is closer to the middle of the top of the windscreen whereas on the silver one, it is too far over to the NS.

Even if you did the lights and pushed the bonnet back towards the OS, it wouldn't then fit within the wings or inline with the front bumper (although the OS bumper / wing gap is slightly more than the NS) - which I guess has been the priority when fixing it.

I don't think any amount of adjusting will sort that out, I think a n/s/f side impact, it's been lined up best as possible.

I think a rubiks cube would be easier to solve than aligning it all. More you look, the more you see :)

I'd never buy that one as, even if that were the only issue with it, I know my eyes would be drawn to that poor alignment every time.

I am still looking for an E55K. The one I had my eye on has been taken off the market,(owner keeping it). Can't blame them really

Cheers

Is this another one with alignment issues, does anyone know this car?

Mercedes-Benz E Class E55K 4dr Tip Auto 5.4

Looks OK that one - bonnet sits a little high in the middle or the bumper a little low in the middle, or a combination, but there are stoppers which can be adjusted.

Not sure if adjusting those stoppers will then throw out the alignment of the bonnet to the wings though.

To be honest, the value of them now provides very little incentive for owners to sell them.

I've said it before - there isn't a great deal you can buy for £8k that offers such all round ability.

I have been keeping an eye on 55k prices for a good couple of years, I always wanted a CL 55K but have had employment issues over the last couple of years and on top of this I own a house in manchester but live in London meaning I have big outgoings and can't justify running a 5.5 v8 (but my day will come)

Anyway back to the car 55k prices have been falling for a while now. Recently a forum member sold his cl55 k on ebay not only did he have loads of jokers and fake bidders he ended up selling for less than 8k I think somewhere around the 7.5 mark. Which is crazy when u think about!

I'm sure sure what your maximum budget is but what about this as an option i see the first car you mentioned was around the 12k mark and was an 04 or 05 pre facelift

What about this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251591763473&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

It's the improved facelift which I have been told has all the problems from the early 211 sorted. And it has a bigger engine (always a good thing!!!!) I love this colour too. Yes mileage is a little on the high side but how much wear could have happened to it on our short slow roads?

Just a thought

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom