• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Nice 560 SEC - 69k miles

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Not eBay but a very tidy looking 560 SEC in the next Mathewsons auction. Estimate is £38-40k.

Capture.JPG

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's a 10 year gap in the MOT history from 2005 (44k miles) to 2015 (65k miles), but solid from there on. Perhaps used overseas?

Not eBay but a very tidy looking 560 SEC in the next Mathewsons auction. Estimate is £38-40k.

View attachment 155634

There's a 10 year gap in the MOT history from 2005 (44k miles) to 2015 (65k miles), but solid from there on. Perhaps used overseas?

That's rather lovely 😍

View attachment 155634

Most cars show no digital MOT history before 2015.....my car doesn't but it certainly had MOTs since 2012. Its quite normal....I'm surprised that car has one showing from 2005 to be honest....

Most cars show no digital MOT history before 2015.....my car doesn't but it certainly had MOTs since 2012. Its quite normal....I'm surprised that car has one showing from 2005 to be honest....

Something wrong for your car then - online MOT results go back to 2005 not 2015. Just checked my 1997 SL and a few previous vehicles and they are all there from 2005 onward. AFAIK it handles changes in registration number as well if you search using the current reg.

1713181880512.png

I think its more something wrong with the system. My wife's 2005 A class has all its tests showing as you said....but my work 2010 pickup truck that we have owned from new only shows from 2015 .....2013 and 2014 missing.....bit odd. My old CLK also only show the later ones.....but this time from 2010....was a 2002 car so first test was 2005. Hmm.

Anyway BOT....that's a lovely car.....I think they look great with modern wheels on too. There is black one around here (debadged but does not sound like a 560) with Mercedes 507 style reps on it....looks amazing.
I think the estimate for the one in post 1 is a bit hot in the current market....but it only takes two people who want it so we shall see.

Pretty sure my karate instructor was one of the owners of that one. That was decades a go and I have no way of reaching him as he is retired. I remember when he would pull up to the dojo in that. Nothing but students looking and admiring.

Exactly the same spec as the one we had. Anna has never forgiven me :rolleyes: for selling that and replaceing it with the C43 !!!

The Orange indicatotrs should not have been replaced :mad:

Maybe for originality......but having a problem with orange plastic on my cars.....my ALFA has none from new!........ I think it looks much better with white/clear ones. Pity he did not match the side repeaters them with. :)

Lots of run off the mill old Mercedes have been selling under estimates lately. I’m interested to see how much this one makes
Owners are getting old, ULEZ becomes a problem for those in or around London, mechanics are retiring, renovation is more expensive than ever, people notice they don’t have Bluetooth / Satnav / CarPlay and newer cars like the c215 or C216 are crazy cheap…

Alleluia !

Very very nice car and i agree about the guide price, but on the day you could land a bargain!
If the Bangers film crew buy it i would definitely be interested :cool:

Extra video added today - mentions that the car was in storage for some years (presumably where the MOT gap is).

Extra video added today - mentions that the car was in storage for some years (presumably where the MOT gap is).

Makes sense. The car looks relatively clean on the surface of things, really looking forward to seeing what this fetches.

And I’ve got to say, I agree with the fact that orange indicators are needed on this car, they look really boring without them 😴 Adds a lot of depth!

Attachments

• E63BCDFE-ED19-4AAA-A7FD-672C51D5AEA0.jpeg
    E63BCDFE-ED19-4AAA-A7FD-672C51D5AEA0.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 7
Estimate seems very high, especially as they also have a rare Subaru Impreza P1 for sale at around the same estimate. A much more collectable car than a repainted c126 imo. As are the Lotus Esprit turbo, Ford Lotus Cortina mk1 and Morgan Aero 8 also for sale at the same auction.

p1sub.jpg

This does look like a clean and tidy example but I think they might be over exaggerating the condition somewhat, and I’m not up on 126 prices but £40k seems a lot to me?

Who knows though? It will be interesting to see :)

The repaint is a huge variable on this. There’s a perfect repaint and there’s a (much more likely) casual repaint to cover huge wear and tear.

Without extraordinary provenance (Mansell / Sewell ownership), can’t imagine this going above £20k.

But Sir Ranulph Fundanother !

The question is why it has been repainted - SECs rust, badly. And they were rusty 20 years ago.

Yes the mileage is quite low but it’s still a 33 year old car with 69k miles - not some museum kept examples that’s barely seen the light of day :)

Or how about a roadster? High mileage at 162K and a left hooker but sensibly priced at a touch under £19,000.

May need some bodywork, reading between the lines.

One of the main rust points is the rear parcel shelf, due to the rear screen's
agle and the screen rubber perishig letting in the water.
We had to replace ours, a £1000.00 job. When we had ours done you could get the part from MB, you cant now so you have to have one made.

Last edited:

Or how about a roadster? High mileage at 162K and a left hooker but sensibly priced at a touch under £19,000.

May need some bodywork, reading between the lines.
Yeah but the SEC is far better looking........ 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom