Nice C63 run out hire deals...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gIzzE

MB Enthusiast
Car
65 plate BMW F11 Touring (165k miles) + Porsche 911 Carrera 4 (140k miles) Doing my bit to be green.
Last edited:
For a car that depreciates £30,000 in the first two years £13500 to hire it is not bad at all.

gIzzE said:
For a car that depreciates £30,000 in the first two years £13500 to hire it is not bad at all.

Yep, exactly. Although I still don't really get the whole lease thing (don't want to start that debate again though!). Considering it simply as a long term hire is the right approach, can see why it can look attractive...

Ooops! Mistake, sorry!

Did you notice that price is for 5K miles PA only?

I don't get this.......what am I missing? Looked at an Audi Q3 personal lease at 10K pa first payment approx £2320 then 47 months @ approx £470 pm after four years you have paid for the vehicle.....full retial cost, but then you hand it back?

So you basically had an interest free loan for the car for four years and then give the car you have fully paid for away at the end of the term?

Is that what they call economics or am I mssing something completey? :confused:

PenelopePitstop said:
Did you notice that price is for 5K miles PA only?

I did yes, personally I don't do many miles as it's only really a weekend car. Also, doing the maths the difference in price between 5k & 10k you could do 32k miles over the 2 years paying the excess mileage charge and still spend less over the whole term.

boxbrownie said:
I don't get this.......what am I missing? Looked at an Audi Q3 personal lease at 10K pa first payment approx £2320 then 47 months @ approx £470 pm after four years you have paid for the vehicle.....full retial cost, but then you hand it back? So you basically had an interest free loan for the car for four years and then give the car you have fully paid for away at the end of the term? Is that what they call economics or am I mssing something completey? :confused:

A lot seems to boil down to what's on special offer at the moment. For some reason it's way cheaper to take a deal on the Golf R rather than a GTI which doesn't seem logical to me.

I don't get this.......what am I missing? Looked at an Audi Q3 personal lease at 10K pa first payment approx £2320 then 47 months @ approx £470 pm after four years you have paid for the vehicle.....full retial cost, but then you hand it back?

So you basically had an interest free loan for the car for four years and then give the car you have fully paid for away at the end of the term?

Is that what they call economics or am I mssing something completey? :confused:

I was quoted £2200 down and then £259 a month on a 1.4tfsi SE Q3.

That was £3000 discount and a final payment of £11k.

Contract hire deals are a little less.

Gateway2lease were doing the Golf R for £168+vat with £1200 down and 6p per mile excess.

But if it is cheaper than the depreciation you would be a bit stupid not to.

If you keep your car for 10 years then buy it, if you swap every 2-4 years hire it, if it is cheaper to do so.

It all depends on whether you keep a car long term or 2/4 years. This quite clearly makes more sense in the short term. As you'll lose the money anyway. I prefer to own my cars but I own cars where they have lost most of their value, so it doesn't matter. If I was looking at new to change often there is no way I'd buy outright

There are some cracking deals on the Golf R and a lot of other cars at the moment. Tbf a lot of magazine reviews rate the R over the A45 AMG. Neighbour works for VW and he is driving a white 5 door one with the 19" wheels does look nice I must admit and it is rapid!

But yes its tempting to go down the leasing road but with most cars I have I do like to do some subtle mods so it kind of rules it out for me although I guess you could still do mods but just remove at the end of the lease!

Before I leased my SLK I had never considered any kind of finance for a car. I always paid cash and suffered the depreciation.

But, I then worked it out. I never keep a car longer than 2 years (or very rarely) and in most cases the depreciation was far higher than the lease cost.

With my SLK, to buy it would've needed £34K roughly. In two years it would lose around £12K. The lease cost will be £7K all in (I got a cracking deal last year!). Makes a lot of sense to me! :D

Doesn't work so well with periods longer than 2 years though. So if you like keeping a car long term, buying is way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom