Nice car..........Poor driving.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Driving towards London this morning on the M3 near Winchester services and the road reduces from 3 lanes to 2. The inside lane was moving slower than I was so I stayed behind a red BMW M3 doing around 80mph in lane 2.

In the rear mirror I notice a squat red Ferrari approaching at speed behind me. No problem, I'm doing just above the NSL, the inside lane is busy with slower cars, he can wait.

Oh no, not him. He dived to the inside lane when the opportunity arose, gunned it and undertook about 3 cars before moving to the outside lane ahead of us all.

This in itself didn't bother me, but he then proceeded to do it again. Inside lane, accelerate, pass more cars outside him then move back to lane 2.

Apart from driving too close, and lane hogging, jumping from lane to lane like that is very poor driving IMO and one of my pet hates. OK for a race track, but not a motorway.

So if you are the owner of a red Ferrari with a black stripe down the bonnet and a Reg# that read something like BE4UTY, you have a nice car, but you're a cr@p driver.

Oh, and for all his lane hopping, I found myself one car behind him 10 miles up the road near Basingstoke.

Driving towards London this morning on the M3 near Winchester services and the road reduces from 3 lanes to 2. The inside lane was moving slower than I was so I stayed behind a red BMW M3 doing around 80mph in lane 2.

In the rear mirror I notice a squat red Ferrari approaching at speed behind me. No problem, I'm doing just above the NSL, the inside lane is busy with slower cars, he can wait.

Oh no, not him. He dived to the inside lane when the opportunity arose, gunned it and undertook about 3 cars before moving to the outside lane ahead of us all.

This in itself didn't bother me, but he then proceeded to do it again. Inside lane, accelerate, pass more cars outside him then move back to lane 2.

Apart from driving too close, and lane hogging, jumping from lane to lane like that is very poor driving IMO and one of my pet hates. OK for a race track, but not a motorway.

So if you are the owner of a red Ferrari with a black stripe down the bonnet and a Reg# that read something like BE4UTY, you have a nice car, but you're a cr@p driver.

Oh, and for all his lane hopping, I found myself one car behind him 10 miles up the road near Basingstoke.

So send your dashcam footage to the local plod!

The fact that he was able to use the space in the inside lane for undertaking indicates you’re all outside lane hoggers doing 80 should be able to return back to lane 1 after passing slow traffic.

Which you don’t as you lot hate weaving in and out and instead prefer holding back faster drivers. God gave you two hands - use them damnit!

This is a cry for help type post. Not a personal attack on fellow MB motorists :mad::D

I checked the camera when I got to Heathrow and it wasn't switched on:wallbash:
Lesson learned, check its on or its no use at all.
Is that what dash cams are for then?

The fact that he was able to use the space in the inside lane for undertaking indicates you’re all outside lane hoggers doing 80 should be able to return back to lane 1 after passing slow traffic.

Which you don’t as you lot hate weaving in and out and instead prefer holding back faster drivers. God gave you two hands - use them damnit!

This is a cry for help type post. Not a personal attack on fellow MB motorists :mad::D

He did say the inside lane was busy with slower cars.

He did say the inside lane was busy with slower cars.
But not too busy that the F couldn’t go into it, and accelerate to a speed to allow him to undertake the outside lane traffic?

Seems a case of 'you had to be there' to see which, if not both, were at fault.

TBH, there’s some drivers I’d rather have in front of me than behind.....

if I find someone aggressively coming behind me , when there are cars in front of me , I usually move to a lane on the left and let him clear the road for me :) as I get right back behind them after I let them past ... works 95 percent of the time. I don't like tailgating but admit a few days ago I did full beam someone just once just to ensure he/she knew I was behind (and impatient ). the "intelligent ” lighting on my car tends to lower the beam quite a bit so a driver in front doesn't get inconvenienced with glare in their rear view , they may not know I am behind them unless they bother to check their rear view mirror ...

He definitely shouldn't be undertaking like that , despicable and one day someone may hit him if they don't see him in their mirrors before changing lanes.

I generally find lots of empty space on the lanes to the left and the two lanes on the right are always packed with cars ... really annoying for an impatient driver like myself . in fact I am usually surprised that some drivers ( a minority these days ) move to the empty lanes on the left after overtaking someone or seeing the gaps.

I had a driver very close behind me this morning driving through Salisbury, his vehicle ( a slammed Lexis IS250 with ridiculously over sized wheels and tyres that stuck outside the arches) had been fitted with a modified exhaust. The noise it made was very odd, a high pitched rasping and screeching when he revved it as he did at every traffic light when stopped.

Leaving Salisbury on to the by-pass he was so close to me that I could not see his lights, all the time the rasping screeching noise was there as he changed gear. I eased the throttle on the E320 and the torque quickly moved me away from him. It was clear he was desperate to pass but whoever "designed" the exhaust had also robbed it of what little performance it had and it eventually wheezed past after I backed of at 70 (ish) and seemed to be struggling to pick up cleanly........... :)

He was a bit of a cupid stunt!

Not necessarily a cr@p driver but maybe in a rush on the particular day. I understand the frustration, especially as you were only 1 car behind him near Basingstoke as you mention, but sometimes the traffic gets to us all.

I have found as i get older i'm in less of a rush and just try to have a smooth ride on my journey, unless the roads are clear and i can let the V8 roar (also means no wife/mother in the car as otherwise "i'm revving too much").

I suppose you had to be there, but what you describe does sound slightly dangerous depending on the gaps available, the alternative explanation is that he/she were sick of waiting for cars to move over that shouldn't be sitting in the second lane (has happened to me numerous times going up the M1). One to ponder for time to come as there is no dash cam footage;)

Not necessarily a cr@p driver but maybe in a rush on the particular day. I understand the frustration, especially as you were only 1 car behind him near Basingstoke as you mention, but sometimes the traffic gets to us all.

I have found as i get older i'm in less of a rush and just try to have a smooth ride on my journey, unless the roads are clear and i can let the V8 roar (also means no wife/mother in the car as otherwise "i'm revving too much").

I suppose you had to be there, but what you describe does sound slightly dangerous depending on the gaps available, the alternative explanation is that he/she were sick of waiting for cars to move over that shouldn't be sitting in the second lane (has happened to me numerous times going up the M1). One to ponder for time to come as there is no dash cam footage;)
I used to be a "fast" driver until I realised I rarely covered much distance and only burned my petrol

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

Reactions: m80
Obviously #4 has never driven on the M3 on that section of the motorway, so we will have to forgive his ignorance - and the others that agreed with him.

NB. Maybe it was one of them driving like a dangerous idiot to basically get one car ahead at the end of the day - :rolleyes:

Undertaking like this is driving without due care and attention. Seen it dealt with a few times ;)

Re post #4

I applaud members who are prepared to offer up a contrary opinion, it shows that some thought has been applied rather than joining in with the knee jerkers (yes I see that a crude joke can be made from this:rolleyes:).

It's a shame that taking a different view usually results in name calling from certain quarters.

So on a busy motorway at '80' you move over to let someone more important than you go past at a higher speed.

You then find yourself stuck behind the slower traffic you we're previously overtaking as every one else in the outer lane closes up any gaps by diving too close and the only way back into the faster moving outer lane is to make a dangerous manouver to get back out there, where you were anyway.

If drivers allowed the 2 second distance rule, good for better conditions apparently, maybe we could all be considerate to those in dire need to be there before everyone else.

The closer to London I get the worse the tailgating gets.

That may possibly be related to the volume of traffic.
It would sound better if you had said it's because the congestion causes everything to move slower,
but tailgating is tailgating, 2 seconds means there is enough room to drive much more safely than I experience darn sarf.

The problem is that if you don't drive in similar and less safe fashion some git jumps in front all too often thinking the safe gap is ok for their use, then the gap is gone.

So on a busy motorway at '80' you move over to let someone more important than you go past at a higher speed.

You then find yourself stuck behind the slower traffic you we're previously overtaking as every one else in the outer lane closes up any gaps by diving too close and the only way back into the faster moving outer lane is to make a dangerous manouver to get back out there, where you were anyway.

If drivers allowed the 2 second distance rule, good for better conditions apparently, maybe we could all be considerate to those in dire need to be there before everyone else.

The closer to London I get the worse the tailgating gets.
If you can't beat them join them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom