Nice CL600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love the Wheels :) Hate the Interior :mad:. Amazing no Reserve :rolleyes:

At least if you have the shts and follow-through, you needn't worry too much...

Early bidding probably also indicates shill-bidding.

Normally auctions do nothing until closer to the end time and then the activity starts, if it is going to.

Early bidding probably also indicates shill-bidding.

Normally auctions do nothing until closer to the end time and then the activity starts, if it is going to.
My thoughts exactly. The top bidder has 7 bid retractions in the past 6 months.

I like the interior too maybe apart from the steering wheel. My 456 will be that colour inside with a manual box....

Why Shill bidding ?
I bid my max & forget about it, if I win great...otherwise (I have) end spending to much!

Love that interior, not keen on that walnut steering wheel though.

Lovely Warp factor machine I do like the interior, cream maybe would be nicer IMO , opinion for value favours the V8 at better value as they reckon the biggest difference in power and acceleration isnt felt until your on an unrestricted autobahn against a porsche at 100-150 but the V12 is turbine smooth more refined than a V8 but without that V8 throb , its also very heavy at the front which again favours the V8 handling wise , and then theres V12 maintenance:eek: but there again who wouldnt want one to be a member of the 500BHP+ club if your pockets are deep enough :) I've always fancied one but its dream territory at the moment

Nice car although I think a face lift 4.7 twin turbo would suit better.

Lovely Warp factor machine I do like the interior, cream maybe would be nicer IMO , opinion for value favours the V8 at better value as they reckon the biggest difference in power and acceleration isnt felt until your on an unrestricted autobahn against a porsche at 100-150 but the V12 is turbine smooth more refined than a V8 but without that V8 throb , its also very heavy at the front which again favours the V8 handling wise , and then theres V12 maintenance:eek: but there again who wouldnt want one to be a member of the 500BHP+ club if your pockets are deep enough :) I've always fancied one but its dream territory at the moment

The V12 trumps the V8. You don't need an autobahn to enjoy them, the acceleration is felt off the line. Being a heavy platform to start with the engine weight difference is not noticeable thanks to the hydraulic suspension. I still prefer the instant acceleration of the supercharger but the twin turbo V12 is not be messed with.

So, Boys and Girls, what's it worth?`

Given that an S600L is probably worth £17k, I'll suggest £15k because of the smaller demand, and curious colour interior.

What say you?

If it's for sale elsewhere for £17k, clearly it hasn't sold, so you may be pretty much right. It's a rolling definition of a hell of a lot of car for the money.

So, Boys and Girls, what's it worth?`

Given that an S600L is probably worth £17k, I'll suggest £15k because of the smaller demand, and curious colour interior.

What say you?

Now now MIW you'll end up with 80 posts of it's worth/not worth £17k:). It's a strange world this car thing. Someone on the Official site could not sell his MB for £30k. Ended up at auction and got £60k. Chuffed? I imagine he was. As for this one, you would hope it was £17k worth but I go along with you at £15k. Pure speculation though and might not sell even at that.

That ropey S600L at £12k isn't a benchmark, with an LPG conversion, missing engine cover, interior wear, indications of haircuts between 2010 and 2015 (5,000 miles in five years), and a list of repairs currently needed.

Last edited:
That ropey S600L at £12k isn't a benchmark, with an LPG conversion, missing engine cover, interior wear, indications of haircuts between 2010 and 2015 (5,000 miles in five years), and a list of repairs currently needed.

I agree. Mine in similar spec - albeit completely original - was close to your figure than to that poor LPG600.

Just thought someone on here might see it, have a moment of insanity, buy it and bring back to its former glory.

The CL600 sold for £11600 apparently. If a genuine sale can't help thinking this was a bit of a bargain, as long as everything checked out. You could have a nice cash reserve for coilpacks etc at that price. I have wondered what the real life, very noticeable, differences are between these and the AMG version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom