Nice CLK55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not bad, but the paint clearly doesn't match where it's been sprayed. To be honest, it's almost like he's trying to cover his back by getting in there first before the inevitable questions of why the colour is out.

If a cleaner, original 50k mile car sells for just over £8k from a dealer (with warranty), what would people realistically pay for this one?

Will

How can you tell from that photo that the paint doesn't match?

not sure about that will.. i mean its not the best of photos and you can never rely on pics with sliver... sometimes the pics will make it look like the colour is off but in reality it may not be...
vice vera also..

640528-1.jpg

Look at the O/S/F wing, compare that to the O/S (driver's) door.

He mentions which panels which have been painted:

Car has benefitted from an 80% respray in April this year courtesy of Mercedes Benz - Bonnet, Boot, Front & Rear Wings and A Pillars have all been prepared and sprayed by Hilton Coachworks (as used by Aston Martin, TVR, Lotus).

If you can see it in that photo, I bet you'll be able to see it in life.

Silver is notoriously difficult to match :(

Will

Sorry, can't see it mate. The photo isn't clear enough to notice.

Must be my super-sharp eyes - the painted wing looks noticably darker in shade than the door :)

The fact that we know the wing has been painted seperately from the door tells me that I'm not going mad ;)

Will

I've looked at this on two more PC screens today. Am I the only one who can see that the driver's door is a different shade to the wing? :confused: Just look where they meet...

Will

I've looked at this on two more PC screens today. Am I the only one who can see that the driver's door is a different shade to the wing? :confused: Just look where they meet...
I'll agree that they look different but this is sometimes due to a fraction of alignment difference rather than paintwork.

I know what you mean - some things can be a trick of light/photography etc, just that I'm reluctant to give it the benefit of doubt as we know the wing and door have been painted seperately - and that silver is a notoriously awkward shade to match 100%.

Will

thats what i mean, yes i can see on screen what you mean but in real life it may not be noticeable... or of course it could be even worse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom