Nice Jag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Had one of these knocking about today, it was V12 and lovely.

very nice. Shame those silly tyre mats make it look so silly.

More of those daft mats, aluminium checker plate this time...more modern, see.

Might be best to avoid an early one...

Last edited:
So, maybe avoid red.

Or black.

Meant to mention that back end: wow, just wow.

Seriously, I don't excited about too many new cars but that F-Type is simply stunning, Jaguar look to be on the crest of a wave right now.

I will definitely be buying an XF at some point, my pal has just bought a newish one and can't stop raving about it and he's come out of a five year stint as a BMW owner.

Lovely exterior. I hate sports seats with those silly jug ears, but all in all a car to be proud of.

F-Type is a very nice car, although I would say that given I've had one on order for 8 months :rolleyes: (although my interest is in the coupe which is some way off yet).

I went to one of the launch events a few weeks ago and close up, the build quality seemed really very good - certainly a step up from all the current Jags, XJ included. It just felt nice and solid and was made out of quality feeling materials, with the plasticky click of the gearshift paddles the only fault I could find (in comparison to the weighty clunk from the metal paddles you get in an AMG).

Would I say it felt like it was constructed like a Merc? It probably didn't feel like it just prodding around but I wonder what the reality will be? Because what I can say is that none of the Jags I owned rattled and clunked anywhere near as much as my SLS :mad:

F-Type is getting very positive press reports which is encouraging to see.

What's with the IV drip from the F-type to the floor?

Pal of mine bought a brand new XJ, it's been stupidly unreliable - after 6 months he's getting rid of it at half it's cost as he doesn't trust it any more.

Hope the new kit is better..

What's with the IV drip from the F-type to the floor?

Pal of mine bought a brand new XJ, it's been stupidly unreliable - after 6 months he's getting rid of it at half it's cost as he doesn't trust it any more.

Hope the new kit is better..

Power?.... so the ancillaries work without draining the battery.

And thats the thing with Jags - they get really mixed views as some people have great experiences, and others less so. I had three in a row, one of which had a lot of issues and Jag sorted it very nicely for me. So, whilst the cars weren't always perfect (where I'm concerned, what car ever is :eek:) the way they treated me was world class hence I'm a big advocate of the brand.

Got to say though....I'm definitely being treated very well by Mercedes dealers as an SLS owner - perceptibly better than when I had my C63's. Shouldn't be the case but in the real world, thats how it is :rolleyes:

Power?.... so the ancillaries work without draining the battery.

And thats the thing with Jags - they get really mixed views as some people have great experiences, and others less so. I had three in a row, one of which had a lot of issues and Jag sorted it very nicely for me. So, whilst the cars weren't always perfect (where I'm concerned, what car ever is :eek:) the way they treated me was world class hence I'm a big advocate of the brand.

Got to say though....I'm definitely being treated very well by Mercedes dealers as an SLS owner - perceptibly better than when I had my C63's. Shouldn't be the case but in the real world, that's how it is :rolleyes:

Cheers, makes sense thanks. The jag brand has never been on my radar apart from a few lister products/monsters :D

I've never been a fan of the E-Type that everyone else raves about but I've always liked the XJS HE though - go figure :eek:

Am I going to be ban by say I much prefer the new XJ than the S-class?:crazy:

The interior in the XJ is a much more special place to be in, where as the S-class is very business like.

The best feature of the XJ is the ride and handling are way better than the S-class. It can waft down motorway minute and quite happily handle a trackday the next. The S-Class can waft but don't handle as well (AMG included).

I get my coat.....

You sound like jeremy clarkeson, almost word for word what he said when driving across the uk racing the sun... :)

But I did an advanced driving day and had a go in the new XJ and it was lovely to drive.

J

Friend of mine was up at Jaguar this week teaching H&S. Remarked on the line of red F types, and the sound the V8s makes - very nice indeed, apparently.

Stupid question of the day then - any point to the tyre mats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom