Nice looking CLS - any thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very well spec`d car , looks to have pretty much everything.

Not seen many non AMG ones with most of the option boxes ticked.

A wee bit over priced though , the full fat 55`s and 63`s can be purchased for around the same price , a little more if you want a low mileage one though.

I don't mind paying a little extra for a known good car , when I bought my Saab 9-3 Aero it was the most expensive one in the country but it was a good one (we both knew it was) and served me well for seven years.

If it is exactly what you want , rather than a compromise , then go and see it and haggle hard.

Kenny

I agree 3k - 4k over priced nice car though but not worth that price tag

Quirky colours, but I like the change from the usual German Teutonic greys etc

Low mileage an issue on a diesel (despite promising words and Providence)?

Quirky colours, but I like the change from the usual German Teutonic greys etc

Low mileage an issue on a diesel (despite promising words and Providence)?

Done more homework on it now. According to the VIN decoder, it's a Cyprus car, not UK. Also, second owner only did about 300-800 miles a year, which isn't promising for a car with a dpf.

Seller says he spent 4 years looking for the right car, but now wants to sell it after just 6 months. He also says 2 "main Mercedes AMG dealers" have offered him £13k unseen and wanted me to agree a price before I could view, suggesting he bring the car to me, not letting me see it at his.

All in all, just too many alarm bells for me and at a highly inflated price too. Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

Give it a miss,there seems to be too many sellers like this now,I suppose the kind word is Sharp,you would be mad to accept those terms,you will find another one,there always is.

Give it a miss,there seems to be too many sellers like this now,I suppose the kind word is Sharp,you would be mad to accept those terms,you will find another one,there always is.

There is indeed, seeing one tomorrow! Will report back.

Done more homework on it now. According to the VIN decoder, it's a Cyprus car, not UK. Also, second owner only did about 300-800 miles a year, which isn't promising for a car with a dpf.

Seller says he spent 4 years looking for the right car, but now wants to sell it after just 6 months. He also says 2 "main Mercedes AMG dealers" have offered him £13k unseen and wanted me to agree a price before I could view, suggesting he bring the car to me, not letting me see it at his.

All in all, just too many alarm bells for me and at a highly inflated price too. Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated.

There isn't a car on the planet I would spend 4 years looking for .. Unless it came with Katy Perry in the boot.

\

Dead or alive?

Definitely alive .. Not that pervy. However .... Katy Perry .. Hmm

Car is gone btw

I suspect it will reappear soon. As good a machine as it was, I struggle to believe that it went for that price, especially with the restrictions he placed on anyone wanting to view it.

Picking my new one up tomorrow...

It's back...! And offered for the same price as last year, in spite of being a year older, an extra keeper and 9,000 miles more on the clock.

Mercedes-Benz CLS 3.0 CLS320d CDI 7G-Tronic 4dr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom